• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

BOT 90's Albums: The Bends - Radiohead v 30 Something - Carter USM

R1

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Amazed. It's Radioheads 2nd best album before they vanished up their own rectum.
Ha ha - I know a lot of people who feel the same. Personally, I never liked them at all until I heard Street Spirit - on the back of that I checked out The Bends but I didn't enjoy it all. Same with OK Computer - really liked Paranoid Android so I checked out the album but only liked about half of it. It all clicked into place with Kid A for me, and they've got better with every album since IMHO.

Ha ha - I know a lot of people who feel the same. Personally, I never liked them at all until I heard Street Spirit - on the back of that I checked out The Bends but I didn't enjoy it all. Same with OK Computer - really liked Paranoid Android so I checked out the album but only liked about half of it. It all clicked into place with Kid A for me, and they've got better with every album since IMHO.

I know some people on SZ who feel the same as you! If it wasn't for their amazing early successes, Thom Yorke & Co would be stocking shelves at Lidl on the basis of Kid A onwards.

I know some people on SZ who feel the same as you! If it wasn't for their amazing early successes, Thom Yorke & Co would be stocking shelves at Lidl on the basis of Kid A onwards.

Absolutely *****.

OKC > Kid A > Amnesiac > HTTT > The Bends > In Rainbows > TKOL > Pablo Honey

Absolutely *****.

OKC > Kid A > Amnesiac > HTTT > The Bends > In Rainbows > TKOL > Pablo Honey

In your opinion. In mine they're ****ing awful these days, and commercially they wouldn't be able to make the "music" they do these days. OKC & The Bends gave them that luxury.

[video=youtube;s2VzLn6DMCE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s2VzLn6DMCE[/video]

[video=youtube;NuaPkGZ-HIA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NuaPkGZ-HIA[/video]

[video=youtube;8nTFjVm9sTQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8nTFjVm9sTQ[/video]

[video=youtube;o5c9w6uWBOI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o5c9w6uWBOI[/video]

enjoy!:smile:

No they wouldn't.

They all went to public school so their parents would have found them something to do.

Must admit, I prefer The Bends to OK Computer (and certainly to anything Carter USM have ever done). I know that bars me from the cool club, but there you go. High And Dry is just beautiful.

Well it seems there's some work here to do in championing the mighty Carter USM, and arguably their greatest album, providing us with such timeless classics as 'Bloodsport for all', 'A Prince in a Pauper's Grave' and 'Anytime, Anyplace, Anywhere'. There gems on other albums, but for general overall quality, I think this one's a winner for Carter fans (both of them).

For the record, my favourite Radiohead album is actually Pablo Honey, I guess I'm a man (of sorts) of simple tastes.

Back