• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings Bowers & Pitsea v Southend U23’s on Tuesday 27th

Big Bad Barry Corr

First XI⭐
Just seen on Bowers & Pitsea’s Twitter feed that their game v Concord Rangers tomorrow has been cancelled and they are now playing our U23’s at the Len Salmon Stadium instead. KO 19.45.

Nothing about this on our social media?

Not been there for a few years and I hear they have had a complete rebuild of their ground apparently. Might be worth a visit. ?

Reactions: RHB
Yes our ground is now a brilliant facility. Should be a good game. We haven’t started pre season very well at all which has me a bit worried for the season. I reckon we’ll got a 500+ strong crowd for this which will be excellent ??

Just seen on Bowers & Pitsea’s Twitter feed that their game v Concord Rangers tomorrow has been cancelled and they are now playing our U23’s at the Len Salmon Stadium instead. KO 19.45.

Nothing about this on our social media?

Not been there for a few years and I hear they have had a complete rebuild of their ground apparently. Might be worth a visit. ?

@sufcyouth is an excellent follow for all info relating to u23s and academy

Thank you for that. Would have thought the club might have had it up on the website and other official social media too. Not followed the academy on Twitter before but will do now ?

Yes our ground is now a brilliant facility. Should be a good game. We haven’t started pre season very well at all which has me a bit worried for the season. I reckon we’ll got a 500+ strong crowd for this which will be excellent ??

I doubt that as its our under 23s with very little media advertisement

I still think PB will throw a mixture of a team here to get minutes on the clock, 400 is possible :Clap:

If we get Relegated and Bower & pitsea get promoted, we could be in same league ??‍♂️ Although our U23 are winning!

A 2-0 win.

Excellent result for the u23s. The second Isthmian Premier (level 7) side they've beaten in pre-season, after the 1-0 win v E Thurrock.

To put that in some sort of context, the firsts have beaten two level 8 sides 2-0.

Typical pre season game. Boring. Southend deserved to win. Don’t even know who played really other than MMN, Stewart and Kinali.

Typical pre season game. Boring. Southend deserved to win. Don’t even know who played really other than MMN, Stewart and Kinali.

This was the starting XI, not sure how exactly they'd have lined up but it'll be something like the below

....................Andeng Ndi
Chandler MMN Davis Arrowsmith
..............Stewart Crowhurst
........... Kinali Brown Unwin
.....................Adedoja

Burkey replaced Crowhurst and a triallist replaced Arrowsmith at ht
Rodmell later came on for Kinali and apparently had the shot that Brown tucked away for the second.

Anyone catch your eye?

Don't want to appear negative, but should we be concerned that we didn't demolish them anywhere near as much as D*genham have?
Think we should have a better idea where we are in the dartford game as we should be getting somewhere near who has the ability as to start the league games.

Think we should have a better idea where we are in the dartford game as we should be getting somewhere near who has the ability as to start the league games.

Dartford will be a good test as they have been splashing the cash in the NLS, expected to make a strong challenge for promotion this season.

Wakering was our first friendly, we had a number of players missing and a week is a long time in pre-season. Plus Dagenham are going to fly under the radar this season, they will probably be looking to challenge for the playoffs.

Back