• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Box

bess30

First XI
Dose anybody sit in east yellow and witness the Wimbledon lot in the box above? It went a little bit silly when they scored hanging out the window giving it the big one with glass bottles in hand!!! A few give it back but could easily of got out of hand!! I see those boxes are all sold out for Sunderland pls tel me there fans haven’t snapped them up and should we really let away fans have them?

My first thought is that we should make sure they are all sold as often as possible; frankly I couldn’t give a toss who is in them so long as money rolls into the club. Aside from that some decorum would be appreciated but we can hardly criticise fans legitimately in purchased areas demonstrating support for their team. We’d expect to be afforded that opportunity at away grounds and we should be big enough to allow others to do the same, while we are banking their cheques.

My first thought is that we should make sure they are all sold as often as possible; frankly I couldn’t give a toss who is in them so long as money rolls into the club. Aside from that some decorum would be appreciated but we can hardly criticise fans legitimately in purchased areas demonstrating support for their team. We’d expect to be afforded that opportunity at away grounds and we should be big enough to allow others to do the same, while we are banking their cheques.

This was right in the middle of the boxes, so I would suggest it's a sponsor's box - don't think it was the Centre Circle Lounge which is slightly to the right looking at the Directors' box, but it could have been.

This was right in the middle of the boxes, so I would suggest it's a sponsor's box - don't think it was the Centre Circle Lounge which is slightly to the right looking at the Directors' box, but it could have been.

Ok, but what are we saying? We should turn down sponsors unless they commit to only having home fans or we’d rather the box was empty?

Was in the box next to Wimbledon fans on Saturday and they were in my opinion well behaved. Yes they leapt up and down and opened the window when they scored who wouldn’t. Had a good chat to them at end of the match they were good lads and wished us all the best for the rest of the season. Personally couldn’t see any problem with them at all. Think it could be a completely different matter if boxes are sold for Sunderland fans especially if they relegate us and celebrate their promotion or play off place.

Nearly got nasty a few years back when Leicester fans had a box when they went up and started celebrating and goading Southend fans.

Same happened with Luton and the club told me the box sponsor had let it go to the Luton fans who were hurling abuse at home fans in the east stand. Getting quite common.

The point is your not supposed to lean out with bottles or pint glasses for obvious reasons in our tight little ground.

There are rules over serving during the match and SUFC are very relaxed. I will be policing my booking v Shrewsbury as one dropped pint will spoil it for everyone.

Was in the box next to Wimbledon fans on Saturday and they were in my opinion well behaved. Yes they leapt up and down and opened the window when they scored who wouldn’t. Had a good chat to them at end of the match they were good lads and wished us all the best for the rest of the season. Personally couldn’t see any problem with them at all. Think it could be a completely different matter if boxes are sold for Sunderland fans especially if they relegate us and celebrate their promotion or play off place.
Ok fair enough but I left early with my 2 kids because I thought they would do the same at the end of match as they did when they scored !! It was intimidating

I also was in a box next to them and heard at reception they said they were trouble.
They were no trouble and as good as gold.
Plenty of stewards at the end but not needed
Not difficult if the club doesn't want away fans in the boxes surely.
But as I say not a problem saturday

I also was in a box next to them and heard at reception they said they were trouble.
They were no trouble and as good as gold.
Plenty of stewards at the end but not needed
Not difficult if the club doesn't want away fans in the boxes surely.
But as I say not a problem saturday
Well I saw something different to you and on another that would of kicked off they give it large, there were a lot of people around me not happy about this

Nearly got nasty a few years back when Leicester fans had a box when they went up and started celebrating and goading Southend fans.

Leicester have caused trouble at Southend on more than a few occasions in the past and I've no love for them whatsoever.
Probably the only neutral in the country who didn't want them to win the league.

One of the boxes next to them thought it would be a good idea to rip up all of the 50/50 tickets they had purchased and throw them out of the window after they didn't win. It's not just the away fans who are idiots.

I was in the box next to them and they were fine. Celebrated the goal but not OTT.

Back