• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Boxes or Packing Cases

Whilst we are on the subject of moving hope you don't mind me joining the conversation.

I am moving (a family of four moving a mile up the hill).

Any idea how much a removal firm will charge? I was thinking of renting a Luton van but I suspect it will be too much work to do the move myself if exchanging is delayed until late in the day.

As for boxes I can't help I am afraid but try going around the back of a supermarket. most boxes are recycled and never make it into the shop. Also try industrial estates.

I've got some Ken but they're in Upminster.

We paid £600 for 1st floor flat (tricky to get stuff out of) to 3 bed house. Prob on the expensive end but it was short notice and they were local to Upminster. Can't speak highly enough of their service. This included all packing materials.

In hindsight, it was £300 more to have them do the packing, and we both wish we'd paid that!

I would recommend going to a store like Staples who you can ask if you can have their old boxes. I did this and they were happy to do keep hold of their boxes. They receive a lot of deliveries and will flat pack their boxes you can then re-assemble.

Back