• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Boxing : Prediction League

Blue_Wes

Simple Minded
The boxing thread seems to have picked up some interest, and we're always coming up with differing and interesting ways, in which up and coming fights will be decided, so thought I'd try a mini prediction league;

Rules are simple

1 point for correct outcome - i.e. Ricey beats GBJ

3 points for correct method of victory? - i.e. MK Shrimper KO's Blue_Wes

5 points for correct round in a KO or a draw - i.e. Duncan Bulgaria KO's ESB in the 4th

I'll try and pick the three main bouts each week, and collate the scores.

This weeks three are pretty standard, and should be a good way to start with points on the board for all;

Tonight
Frank Buglioni v Fernando Castaneda (Castaneda is a replacement for Chudinov, the original opponent, props GBJ)

Tomorrow
Sergey Kovalev v Nadjib Mohammedi
Hughie Fury v George Arias

...and my predictions:

1. Buglioni 6th round stoppage
2. Kovalev 3rd round stoppage
3. Fury 4th round stoppage

Good luck

**** sake I missed this thread earlier, sorry Wes.

Well I claimed Buglioni to win by stoppage in round 4 & he actually won in round 5, so gimme some points bitch :)

What do you reckon, points on this weekend, or call it a practise run as I put up so late and no-one got a chance to enter?

Also, I called Kovalev bang on....

What do you reckon, points on this weekend, or call it a practise run as I put up so late and no-one got a chance to enter?

Also, I called Kovalev bang on....

yeah dry run seems fair. I thought I'd put Kovalev to win in the 3rd, but when I checked back into the thread, my smug excitement drained away rapido

Right after last week's dry run, here are this week's bout's for the first round of predictions;

The big one, is the Rumble on the Humber,

Luke Campbell v Tommy Coyle (Campbell 6th Rd Stoppage)

Next is Brian Rose's rematch with Carson Jones, trying to avenge his first round stoppage.

Brian Rose v Carson Jones (Rose, points victory)

And finally, the best match up of the night;

Danny Garcia defends his WBA & WBC titles against the enigmatic Paulie Malignaggi

Danny Garcia v Paulie Malignaggi (Garcia, points victory)

I was tempted to go with a stoppage for Garcia as he always raises his game against better opposition, but think Malignaggi is tough enough to go the distance.

Will do my predictions on Friday, after the weigh in bruh

But as it stands, I'm pretty sure what im gunna do. Campbell in 4. Other 2 need a bit of consideration. Garcia by KO & Jones by KO seems interesting.

Ok so, Coyle vs Campbell first. Easy stoppage for Campbell. Coyle is made of glass & that glass is going to be shattered within 5 rounds. I really dislike Coyle, so I'm looking forward to him catchin' a whuppin'

Campbell TKO5 Coyle

Jones vs Rose. Flip a coin. It really is as simple as that. The deck has slightly been stacked in Rose's favour, (weights for example) but the thing is, Brian Rose is legitimately ****. So the result of this one, is either a British stoppage, Or Jones sparking him. I really can't call it, I'm gunna have a punt on what I'd like to see happen.

Jones TKO9 Rose

Paulie vs Garcia. I really like Paulie, but I he's done. He should see the final bell, but that depends on how shot he is. Garcia easy points win.

Incidentally, those 3 predictions; Campbell TKO rounds 4-6, Jones TKO rounds 7-9 & Garcia points, pays 70/1 with William Hill. Worth a couple of quid

Ok so, Coyle vs Campbell first. Easy stoppage for Campbell. Coyle is made of glass & that glass is going to be shattered within 5 rounds. I really dislike Coyle, so I'm looking forward to him catchin' a whuppin'

Campbell TKO5 Coyle

Jones vs Rose. Flip a coin. It really is as simple as that. The deck has slightly been stacked in Rose's favour, (weights for example) but the thing is, Brian Rose is legitimately ****. So the result of this one, is either a British stoppage, Or Jones sparking him. I really can't call it, I'm gunna have a punt on what I'd like to see happen.

Jones TKO9 Rose

Paulie vs Garcia. I really like Paulie, but I he's done. He should see the final bell, but that depends on how shot he is. Garcia easy points win.

Incidentally, those 3 predictions; Campbell TKO rounds 4-6, Jones TKO rounds 7-9 & Garcia points, pays 70/1 with William Hill. Worth a couple of quid

That's big odds, but I guess for a reason.

Three points Campbell method, 1 point Garcia winner.

Myself, Same, plus 3 points Rose methed - I think you let your heart rule your head on that one.

BW 7pts
GBJ 4pts

Ricey / MK / ESB / Napster - I thought the competitive side in you all would at least have driven you to be involved.

Myself, Same, plus 3 points Rose methed - I think you let your heart rule your head on that one.

BW 7pts
GBJ 4pts

Ricey / MK / ESB / Napster - I thought the competitive side in you all would at least have driven you to be involved.

Tbh it was a tough week for predictions. The Rose - Jones fight was a 50/50 fight, so hard to call. Had to predict what I wanted to happen rather than what I thought. Rose is poor though. Stepping Upto Middleweight won't change anything either, he'll never mix it with World Level fighters.

Campbell's stock would have dropped aswell. What a poor fight that was. At times, it was more a pub car park scrap, than an actuall boxing match. Campbell controlled it though, without having to do much, let alone try & look classy. Would love to see Campbell vs Mitchell. I'd say Kev beats him

Shame about Malignaggi. He was never gunna beat Garcia (in fact he should have retired after Broner) but I'd hoped he'd hear the final bell. Oh well, he's a brilliant pundit, hopefully Sky can get him on a long-term basis

No decent fights until next month now. Moseley vs Mayorga should be good, and Andy Lee vs BJS will be interesting

Tbh it was a tough week for predictions. The Rose - Jones fight was a 50/50 fight, so hard to call. Had to predict what I wanted to happen rather than what I thought. Rose is poor though. Stepping Upto Middleweight won't change anything either, he'll never mix it with World Level fighters.

Campbell's stock would have dropped aswell. What a poor fight that was. At times, it was more a pub car park scrap, than an actuall boxing match. Campbell controlled it though, without having to do much, let alone try & look classy. Would love to see Campbell vs Mitchell. I'd say Kev beats him

Shame about Malignaggi. He was never gunna beat Garcia (in fact he should have retired after Broner) but I'd hoped he'd hear the final bell. Oh well, he's a brilliant pundit, hopefully Sky can get him on a long-term basis

No decent fights until next month now. Moseley vs Mayorga should be good, and Andy Lee vs BJS will be interesting

I actually thought Campbell let the nerves get the better of him, he still managed to look better than Coyle, but the nerves appeared to make him hesitant and even lethargic, which in turn caused him to struggle with power. That said he was still much quicker than Coyle and his accuracy was still decent.

Campbell v Mitchell, great match up. I don't know, my first instinct is that Mitchell would beat him, but Campell seems to have a lot at this weight, he's big too, quick, powerful, accurate; I really can't split em.

To be fair, I was toying with Jones with a quick KO again, but just opted for Rose to be safer and see it through, but it was a split for me. I was just teasing cos I got the early lead. Rose has hit his ceiling, changing weights won't do a thing. Look at Murray, he's a million times the fighter Rose is, and he couldn't get his hands on a title (a tad harsh I know), what hope Rose?

I actually thought Campbell let the nerves get the better of him, he still managed to look better than Coyle, but the nerves appeared to make him hesitant and even lethargic, which in turn caused him to struggle with power. That said he was still much quicker than Coyle and his accuracy was still decent.

Campbell v Mitchell, great match up. I don't know, my first instinct is that Mitchell would beat him, but Campell seems to have a lot at this weight, he's big too, quick, powerful, accurate; I really can't split em.

To be fair, I was toying with Jones with a quick KO again, but just opted for Rose to be safer and see it through, but it was a split for me. I was just teasing cos I got the early lead. Rose has hit his ceiling, changing weights won't do a thing. Look at Murray, he's a million times the fighter Rose is, and he couldn't get his hands on a title (a tad harsh I know), what hope Rose?

Campell's performance was simply underwhelming for me. I think Coyle did his best to disrupt any flow & rhythm, which isn't a surprise, considering he's a very limited, domestic level fighter, at best. But Campbell, despite totally controlling the fight & never looking troubled, didn't excel, to which he was expected to. At times it looked like he could bomb Coyle out whenever he wanted, then other times, he looked lost as to what to do next. Remember the old thing about Theo Walcott? People said he's a great prospect etc, but didn't have a good enough footballing brain, to be the best? That seemed fitting (at times) with Campbell. A World/Elite level fighter would have had him out of there a lot lot sooner.

BW 7pts
GBJ 4pts

Ok mate, give me a shout when you need a prediction. You must know that I know more about baking a Victoria Sponge that I do about boxing :smile:

Last edited:
Apologies, I completely forgot about this I will definitely join in on the next one.

Back