• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

rabbloke

Coach
I recently posted that out of lower league strikers I would most like to see Lee Boylan join The Blues. The reply from several was that he had crohns disease and would not pass a medical. Since then we learn that Tilly attempted to sign him last season. I can only admire Boylans loyalty to Canvey if this is true. I do feel sad though that a league club, just down the road, managed by a former canvey team mate, is not enough to entice the lad to Roots Hall. Are we really so unfashionable as to come second to a conference side that needs a year or two more at that level and a new stadium before it can seriously fulfil league status aspirations?. I think its time we saw a few stops pulled out and a striker with Boylans scoring record should be brought to the Hall.

Boylan never got round to talking to us, King said no first time, plus im sure his on better money at Canvey than we could prob pay him!

It wasn't Boylans decision though. King wouldn't let Tilly talk to him, he's under contract and Canvey don't need the money.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (footymad13 @ Sep. 13 2004,12:21)]Boylan never got round to talking to us, King said no first time, plus im sure his on better money at Canvey than we could prob pay him!
Not if we offload a couple of "strikers" in a sort of exchange deal. Or just offload them in general. Tilly must show the door to non-performers soon.......?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The Artful Shrimper @ Sep. 13 2004,12:24)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (footymad13 @ Sep. 13 2004,12:21)]Boylan never got round to talking to us, King said no first time, plus im sure his on better money at Canvey than we could prob pay him!
Not if we offload a couple of "strikers" in a sort of exchange deal. Or just offload them in general. Tilly must show the door to non-performers soon.......?
i.e. Striking sensation...... Wayne Greyhound Gray?

rock.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The Artful Shrimper @ Sep. 13 2004,12:24)]
[b said:
Agreed and it would be worth it for someone like Boylan but there is no way King would let him go, no way on earth.

I hate to say it but surely Broughton could go, whilst i agree he adds hight he doesn't add goals and can't be on bad money.

We probably offered him half the money he is on at Canvey plus Broughton in a straight swop!

I think he would be a great signing though and would jupm at the chance to play in front of 4000 instead of 400 plus a few chavs.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Barry the dog @ Sep. 13 2004,12:50)]We probably offered him half the money he is on at Canvey plus Broughton in a straight swop!

I think he would be a great signing though and would jupm at the chance to play in front of 4000 instead of 400 plus a few chavs.
looking at the smoke signals and hearing those distant drums from Canvey ~Boylan scored a hat trick at the weekend!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (rabbloke @ Sep. 13 2004,12:19)]The reply from several was that he had crones disease and would not pass a medical.
Does he really? I never thought he looked like a hatchet-faced old battleaxe myself...

...although I hear he does have Crohns - which is also pretty bad, although I would think he would pass a medical - particularly if he was in remission.

Back