• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Agreed, fantastic double save from Oxley.

How some media sites were saying it was Kightly's goal I will never know. He was barely in the same postcode as White.

How quick is Dru for that second goal!

Also, I love the way the crowd give it a derisory "Whahey" when they think MAF has ballooned it over the bar, only to turn into boos when it loops into the goal! :smile:

Just a few things to say. 1, if Oxley doesn't make that double save it changes the game completely. 2, how did so many sources think Kightly scored the first goal? 3, MAF cannot and will not be replaced... We're going to miss his work rate if, when he retires.

I fear that may be Marco's last goal for us ... I hope not as I'm sure our win loss ratio and goals scored ratio is much better when he's in the side and his all round game is very decent and although he's 36 he sure doesn't play or act like it! He's barely been injured (unlike half the squad) and adds a lot to the squad!

Ox's double save not a patch on last weeks, how that chap hasn't scored from 3 yards I'll never know!

Just a shame Brown didn't go after the Bristol debacle!

Just a few things to say. 1, if Oxley doesn't make that double save it changes the game completely. 2, how did so many sources think Kightly scored the first goal? 3, MAF cannot and will not be replaced... We're going to miss his work rate if, when he retires.

They all use the same source of data. what we used to call 'the teleprinter'. BBC, Sky and BT all showed Kightly as scorer. The BBC online write-up credited White in the report but the summary banner at the top (which obviously relies on the same feed) records Kightly.

how that chap hasn't scored from 3 yards I'll never know!

I'm not sure if 17 is accurate, but this is a post from a Bradford fan on another forum......

"Dreadful. Tame for 70 minutes, Poleon shows his credentials as possibly the worst striker I’ve ever seen in a City shirt by missing his 17th one on one/1 yard sitter of the season".

Dru really is class and I really hope he gets a goal soon, he has come close so often.

I fear that may be Marco's last goal for us ... I hope not as I'm sure our win loss ratio and goals scored ratio is much better when he's in the side and his all round game is very decent and although he's 36 he sure doesn't play or act like it! He's barely been injured (unlike half the squad) and adds a lot to the squad!

Ox's double save not a patch on last weeks, how that chap hasn't scored from 3 yards I'll never know!

Just a shame Brown didn't go after the Bristol debacle!

Hasn’t Fortune got another year of his contract to run? Real quality and adds so much value to the tam

I don't think so, I can't find anything on the tinterweb that suggests his contract has been extended beyond the end of June this year. I maybe wrong though.

I don't think so, I can't find anything on the tinterweb that suggests his contract has been extended beyond the end of June this year. I maybe wrong though.

Got taken off (at the end) once there was a possibility that he had hurt his back ......... could have been man on the match today such was his contribution - just like on Saturday. :smile:

Just a quick question. Didn't see the game. What led to white being in the penalty area to score? Not a criticism, just a wonder.

White was up for the corner ......... and stayed up when Bradford were unable to clear the ball and we (S.U.F.C.) were able to play the ball around and put the ball back into the penalty box.

just a quick question. didn't see the game. what led to white being in the penalty area to score? not a criticism, just a wonder?

I think it was from the corner from Mantom's shot that the keeper tipped round. Good to see he had a good part in both goals.

If you look at the free kick that lead to the double save from the OX, note how our back line step up for a well practiced off-side but Fortune runs back with his player and plays everyone on side. Not quite all on the same hymn sheet but great save by Oxley again.

Back