• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings Bradford City 0-4 Southend United

Did say in a previous post that humphrys could get us 12 goals by the end of the season, hope im right, about four MOM performances today, can’t wait for Luton on Saturday.

Then we must disagree. Are you suggesting that If, say, John White plays a game up front he is miraculously transformed into a striker.

Well no because that’s a centre half playing up front. Theo isn’t a centre half

I am lost here, are you saying Theo is good or bad? I think he has a crap control but can at times be in the right plce at the right time.

I think Theo is a incredibly harshly criticised here. The bloke runs his bollocks off. Still would have been a decent enough replacement with Hopper out but you needed to go direct into the channels

Just got back from the match, I watched from the home end, right at the back of the Carlsberg Stand where you are so far away from the pitch it is hard to pick out who is who.

I was still checking in on Facebook when Cox got the first. Great strike for the second and two very good goals from Humphreys for three and four.

Overall Bradford had more of the possession but did very little with it. Our 3-5-2 formation looked very solid in defence and Hart had a very good game and looks an astute signing.

Elvis did well and looks good going forward as a wing back. I thought Bishop looked good and commanded his area, though he had little to do.

Humphrys was great, notching two excellent goals on his debut and he worked well with Cox. At last we have found a partner for Cox to replace the injured Hooper.

Well done the travelling faithful who I could hear signing throughout the game.

You wouldn't believe how many home fans left after the third and fourth goals went in!

What are we arguing for. It’s not whether Theo is a striker or not.

We needed a target man, a number 9, a player who Could win a header, keep possession up field and encorouge his mid- field to support knowing it wouldn ‘t come straight back or bounce off his shin. We got that today to a level that none of us would dare dream.

Kelmans goal salvaged a terrible day last week but least the players would have been smiling on Monday. This week they will be bouncing into work with some pride and so should you lot

Well no because that’s a centre half playing up front. Theo isn’t a centre half

You said in an earlier post that "by definition a player that plays up front is a striker". I don't recognise that definition and I explained why I disagreed with it.

I do however agree with you that Theo Robinson isn't a CH.

You said in an earlier post that "by definition a player that plays up front is a striker". I don't recognise that definition and I explained why I disagreed with it.

I do however agree with you that Theo Robinson isn't a CH.

So what is he then? A keeper?

Your argument was we couldn’t play an actual striker up front just because you don’t rate him

Amazing performance. Best of the season by far.

Bishop 8. Not much to do, but pulled off a worldly when it was 2-0
White 7. Solid as always.
Moore 8. Boy we missed him last week.
Turner 7. Same as White.
Hart 7. Did some good stuff on the ball, but looked a little slow to react on occasions. Probably just rusty.
Bwomono 7. Much better without so much defensive responsibility.
Mantom 8. Very busy and top goal.
Dieng 8. All over the place getting in a tackle here and there.
Hyam 7.5. Looked a good player protecting the back four.
Cox 9. Great first goal and involved in everything good going forward as always.
Humphrey 9.5. What more could you want. What we have been missing for months since Hopper got injured.

Yearwood 7. One great break.
Kelman 7. Couple of good touches, and should of done better with his chance.
Robinson 5. The whole game changed when he came on. He was offside, gave away free kicks, never held the ball up once. Non league player at best.

5-3-2 suits the players we have available. It’s a totally different team when the ball sticks up front.

Back