• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Southend Pier

Manager
Bradford 2-0 Southend

Not the desired result that was wanted.

what are your thoughts ?
thumbs%20up%20new%20aug%202010.gif

The commentary was not encouraging. Lets wait and see what the guys and girls at the match thought. Doubt this will be a long thread though.

Better team performance than Scunthorpe, but still lacking as an attacking force. Last visit to Valley Parade 1991 a 2-1 defeat. Probably wait another 25 years.....!

No referee to blame for that defeat, we were absolutely **** again. Not even worth rating anyone, they were all as bad as each other. The midfield didn't seem to know where they were playing and were a complete mess. Every time we won the ball we looked to go backwards and were lucky to string three passes together without one of them going to their player. The formation was so negative and meant that when we persisted to hoof it to Hunt, even if he did win it there was no one to pick it up and they got the ball back.

There was a slight improvement in the second half when McQueen and Loza came on and we actually had a decent spell for 15 minutes and played some good football but when we got the ball into good positions we just bottled it and passed it to someone else until we lost the ball without troubling their keeper.

Oh dear! Luckily the hard work of trying to stay in L1 has been earlier on in the season you'd have to say. I suspect we are going to tail off significantly unless we can find the right team balance to perform to the best of our strengths. Other than Coventry at home, I don't think we've put in a great performance since beating Bury just before Christmas.

Called it before the game. Never played for anything but a point, we aren't good enough to keep good teams at bay. Away tactics and performances are all too predictable now.

Called it before the game. Never played for anything but a point, we aren't good enough to keep good teams at bay. Away tactics and performances are all too predictable now.

Brown continues to do this; you would have thought by now he would realise it never works

Rather lose going for a result that sitting back hoping for one!!

Brown continues to do this; you would have thought by now he would realise it never works

Rather lose going for a result that sitting back hoping for one!!

Don't be ridiculous - it's all about set pieces - didn't you hear the interview?

I just wonder whether he's tinkering too much ? The best sides have a settled line-up and a formation that they are all comfortable with. Still, I would have bitten your hand off at the start of the season, if you'd have said we'll be 7th at this stage of the season.

Interesting you thought your keeper was an 8 he was very average and gifted us the second goal - your team huffed and puffed very similar style and first 25 mins game was very flat as was the atmosphere - like your left back was it Coker? Neat and tidy liked to get forward probably your best player - Timlin was poor spends a lot of time moaning or on the floor - the thing is your midfield didn't do too bad it's just the formation didn't appear to have any strikers - good away following for a Tuesday evening given the distance

your not not the best footballing side I've seen but neither are we reflects what a **** league it is this year

I thought it was partly a game of two halves.

In the first half we were slow and timid - the first 15 minutes were quite even to some extent and then Hunt, crowded by Bradford players sets off a lovely shot that was dipping in until the goalie palmed it over. The resulting corner came to nothing and a few seconds later a trip on the edge of our box. The resulting free kick seemed to go over the wall and past Bentley into the corner.

From there on Bradford played well. Our passes were backwards and sidewards and slow and predictable. It wasn't until nearly half-time until a midfielder turned and moved with the ball and made some space. Players like Coker, Timlin, Deegan, McLaughlin and Wordsworth looked rusty and unsure of where their team mates were. In contrast Bradford broke with speed and menace.

But in the second half we came out and played a lot better - midfielders linking well and creating space and we were pushing Bradford back without ever really creating any goal scoring opportunities. Coker and McLaughlin were combining well and space was being created elsewhere. For me it was a shame that McLaughlin went off as I think it disrupted our play and McQueen was not so influential.

The second goal was from a corner and it looked (from the far end of the ground) like Bentley flapped at it and missed. Video analysts will no doubt correct me.

Loza came on and looked bright and so did Worrall but overall there was no attacking menace unlike Bradford at the other end.

In the end a fair result.

Man of the Match: Hunt - knows how to win the ball, keep the ball and bring in players .......... just a shame we rarely got the ball to him and he was so isolated for much of the time.

Last edited:
Wasn't there but my two cents worth are that he's tinkering too much, and (tonight at least) playing it too safe. That was another one that we could have gotten a point from with a bit of attacking adventure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back