• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Smiffy

¡Viva la Aussielución! 🇦🇺 🦘 ⭐️
Staff member
So, the team have been ooop narf since Tuesday's spirited defeat at Wolves. They have trained at Port Vale and Huddersfield's training facilities and Sturrock has an almost fully fit squad to choose from. The only absentee will again be Mark Phillips who has a hamstring problem. It's time the lads carried their cup performances into the league games. But will tonight see the lads pick up the first 3 points of the season?

Who will start this one?

Has Mohsni done enough to get the nod?

What formation will Sturrock use?

OS

Our Opponents

Bradford have started the season pretty poorly as well. An Opening day 3-1 defeat at Shrewsbury, a 1-0 home victory over new boys Stevenage and 2-0 reverse at Torquay. They have also beaten Forest 2-1 in the CC first round. But lost out in the 2nd round 1-2 to Preston on Tuesday night, after extra time as well. So both teams will be tired...

Robbie Threlfall will return after serving a one-match ban in the 2-1 Carling Cup defeat by Preston.

Lewis Hunt and Lee Bullock will also be back, but on-loan Tom Adeyemi faces a late fitness test.

Whatever line-up we decide on, we seem to be a bit tighter at the back but short of firepower upfront. Just had a bet on a 0-0 draw at 10 to 1 in Ladbrokes!

Mohsni has to play for me, alongside Barker but that will all depend how Gilbert is after 120 minutes after injury.

Corr and Hall to start aswell please.

Morris

Clohessy Mohsni Barker Gilbert

Grant Easton Simpson

Hall Corr Spencer​

I'd hope that Bilel has done enough to earn a place in the starting line-up, he looked beastly on Tuesday I have to admit. I can see this petering out into a boring draw as both teams had games mid-week and both will be low on fitness. 1-1 at the most but I'd take a 1-0 win.

just about to leave and catch the coach, i would take a draw but im going for a 1-0 to us with Corr to score the winner.

My team (if match fit)

Morris

Clohessy, Mohsni, Barker, Gilbert

Simpson, Easton, Grant

Spencer, Corr, Hall

Solid at the back, pacey out wide and big man in he middle. UTB

Just about to leave work and travel up. Think Sturrock will go with a five man midfield and play one up front tonight.

Morris
Clohessy Bilel Barker Gilbert
Soares Simpson Easton Grant Zaboub
Corr

For me I would like to see

Morris
Easton
Simpson Grant Spencer
Paterson Corr

Havnt got a clue, Port Vale performance def defeat, Wolves display could come away with all the points. So i will say 1 1 draw, Paterson with a game to score.

Im going to go for a 1-1 draw with us conceding at the death with around 150 making the long trip up.

I would love to see

Morris

Simpson Easton Grant Hall

Paterson Corr

Cannot see why the team should be any different to Tuesday depending on fitness.

I'll go same again then and a 1-0 win :) Zaaboub finally getting a freekick to stay inside not only the confines of the stadium, but nestling in the roof of the net!

Just about to leave work and travel up. Think Sturrock will go with a five man midfield and play one up front tonight.

Morris
Soares Simpson Easton Grant Zaboub
Corr

Agree, bar Barker, don't think he'll play CB again.

Back