• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Southend Pier

Manager
Bradford City v Southend United. Tuesday. 7:45pm.

Your views on this one.
Happy%20Smilie%20aug%202010.gif

I would like to see a 'ball winner' in midfield either Timlin or Deegan (or maybe both). I think whilst Kamara, and McQueen look good on the ball, and when we are in possession, they seem a bit of a luxury. At least both of them on the field together.

Good subs to bring on though if we need creativity.

I've seen the weather forecast on Countryfile ............ where minus 5 degrees is forecast for Tuesday evening for the North of England.

Might there be a risk that this postponed game is .............. errrhhh postponed?

Not sure who's fit, but assuming everyone but Leonard is, it then depends whether you're playing 3 or 4 at the back. I'd say...

Bentley
Bolger, Barrett, Thompson
Worrall, Atkinson, Deegan, Timlin, Hendrie
Payne, Barnett

or

Bentley
White, Bolger, Thompson, Coker
Kamara, Deegan
Atkinson, Wordsworth, Timlin
Payne, Barnett

Would like to see this assuming all fit to start:
Bentley
White Bolger Barrett Coker
Worrall Wordsworth Timlin Hendrie
Barnett Loza

Smith, Thompson, Deegan, Atkinson, McLaughlin, Payne, Hunt

Bentley

O'Neil Bolger Barrett hendrie

Loza Atkinson Timlin McQueen

Payne

Barnet

Same side and system, but Deegan in for Kamara, as it should have been on Saturday, as well.

I assume Barnett is fit after going off on Saturday, otherwise I'd go for Hunt rather than Loza.

Another possible option is Wordsworth to start, ahead of McQueen, but that's a 50/50 call for me.

In typical SZ manner , it seems that Kamara was 'class' against Col U and all things wonderful , and 'rubbish' v Scunny and should be sent back to Arsenal.
I'm going to be a bit controversial here , but isn't 1.5 games a little too soon to make sweeping judgements ???

In typical SZ manner , it seems that Kamara was 'class' against Col U and all things wonderful , and 'rubbish' v Scunny and should be sent back to Arsenal.
I'm going to be a bit controversial here , but isn't 1.5 games a little too soon to make sweeping judgements ???
He was good against Col U, but he had lots of space against 10 men and the worst team in the league. And yes he was 'rubbish' against Scunthorpe, he couldn't cope with the physical side of the game so I don't think it'd be a good idea to start him at Braford.

I don't think it's too soon to judge that he is obviously talented on the ball but too lightweight and would need someone like Deegan/Timlin next to him to cope.

^
Exactly.

Certain players perform better in certain roles and it'll take time for Kamara to adjust to this level. He is probably used to the passing flowing game that Arsenal play, so will be good on the ball, but the way we set-up now, with wing-backs pushing on, It's essential to have an enforcer in front of the back three, doing the leg work and closing down.

Not sure who's fit, but assuming everyone but Leonard is, it then depends whether you're playing 3 or 4 at the back. I'd say...

Bentley
Bolger, Barrett, Thompson
Worrall, Atkinson, Deegan, Timlin, Hendrie
Payne, Barnett

or

Bentley
White, Bolger, Thompson, Coker
Kamara, Deegan
Atkinson, Wordsworth, Timlin
Payne, Barnett
I'd love it if we could start with 12 players too.

I'm a tad concerned after their 4-0 victory at Peterborough on Saturday.......

Deegs and Timlin in for me to bring back some steel and graft in Midfield, but when we go down to 9 men, we will win 2-0

About a week or so ago there was discussion on here about whether a match could be classed as crucial or something similar. Tomorrow's match could, by some interpretation, be considered so. After what was by all accounts a very poor performance on Saturday, we need to restore some confidence by getting a result, be it a point or three. The mental make up of the side needs to be right whoever PB selects. I saw the game at Posh and in that game it was spot on (and came after the terrible trot). Each player was on his game and up for the fight. That approach will be needed tomorrow. Selection, as always, in part will be decided by fitness. I really would be worried by Barnett being unfit. As for defence and midfield, much will depend upon whether PB sticks to three at the back plus wing backs. A more resolute midfield seems to be needed and once more the question of Timlin and his relationship with PB will be under the spotlight. CP says that MT was fit for Saturday but not selected in the squad. His continued absence tomorrow,if fit, would raise some real questions for fans. Is it only the "tete a tete" with PB re the Shrews match team selection which has caused him to be so far down the pecking order?
Can see Deegs (or Timlin?) getting the nod in midfield tomorrow. And as other have said, James Hanson seems to be in form. Isn't he another of those players who seem to score regularly against us? Adam B would be well advised to keep his cuddling to a minimum after seeing ref Rob Madley award that pen for Watford on Saturday. Mention it quietly but a City win would put them level on points with us. Shoooosh..............

After Saturdays poor showing and baring in mind Bradford's great result, i fear this could be another defeat. Would like to see either Timlin or Deegan back in for Kamara, and if fit Barnett and Hunt upfront. Going to be a tough game this one, very physical and possibly in tough conditions. Need a strong spine to the team

Yes we need to toughen up but not at the expense of creativity. Sounds like we had virtually no chances on saturday. Would give Loza a run out alongside Barnett, a midfield three of timlin atkinson and wordsworth and the usual back 5.

........................bentley..........................
White.......thompson....barrett.....coker
atkinson.........timlin................worrall
....................wordsworth.....................
...........hunt................barnett..............

Loza, hendrie , o'neill, payne , deegan , mcqueen , smith

Pessimism but realism - if we lose this I think we can rule out play-offs. We've never solidified our place in there and we've always been on the edge but just outside.

Back