• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I am reliably informed that this is the main reason he dropped Barrett. There's no falling out and nothing to do with what Barrett had said about a relegation fight. I'm no big fan of Thompson as he tends to get beat in the air by the bigger striker, and hoofs too much for my liking, but I have to say he was superb on Saturday. He made sure he beat the attackers to every ball, and passed it about on the floor for a nice change. The best I've ever seen him play. So Adam Barrett may have to wait more games than intended to get back into the starting line up, as I can't see the superb Ferdinand being dropped just yet.

By the greengrocer, the butcher or the hairdresser? :omg: :smile:

If he wasn't upset ,he should have been ,utter nonsense to talk of relegation after a few matches ,strip him of the captaincy ,where were Rochdale & Sheffield Utd a few matches ago ?

Ranger simply has to start. A complete lack of momentum if not... which would be the typical Brown thing to do
I thought that the typical thing for Brown to do WOULD be to start someone, who has not played two games in succession since 2014, tonight......

Stats ;

In their last 20 away matches, Southend have scored 1.1 goals per game and conceded 2.0 goals per game on average.

In their last 20 away games, 86% of the 22 goals scored by Southend have come in open play, whilst 5% have come from set-pieces. (please allow for OG's before you pounce).

In their last 20 home games against teams positioned below them in the table, Bradford have won 14, drawn 4 and lost 2 of these matches.

In their last 20 away games against teams positioned in the top half of the table, Southend have won 1, drawn 7 and lost 12 of these matches.

Stats ;

In their last 20 away matches, Southend have scored 1.1 goals per game and conceded 2.0 goals per game on average.

In their last 20 away games, 86% of the 22 goals scored by Southend have come in open play, whilst 5% have come from set-pieces. (please allow for OG's before you pounce).

In their last 20 home games against teams positioned below them in the table, Bradford have won 14, drawn 4 and lost 2 of these matches.

In their last 20 away games against teams positioned in the top half of the table, Southend have won 1, drawn 7 and lost 12 of these matches.

Southend away win then!

Out of interest why is it so taboo for a player of a side who, at the time of the comments, were 22nd in the division and had lost their last three away games 4-0, 4-0 and 3-0, to suggest that we might face a battle against the drop.

If we're not in a relegation battle when third from bottom with four going down, I'd be interested to discover who is, exactly.

Out of interest why is it so taboo for a player of a side who, at the time of the comments, were 22nd in the division and had lost their last three away games 4-0, 4-0 and 3-0, to suggest that we might face a battle against the drop.

If we're not in a relegation battle when third from bottom with four going down, I'd be interested to discover who is, exactly.

Does this post belong here Jai?

http://www.shrimperzone.com/vb/showthread.php?91305-Barrett-Blues-are-in-a-relegation-battle

Maybe Phil has learnt his lesson and realised 1 up top by himself doesn't work???????

City are looking good and may prove too strong for us,nonetheless I'm going for a score draw.

Weather report from West Yorkshire ........... clear blue sky with a cold, cold wind. Temperature dropping fast. Pitch will be soft underfoot from the many showers today.

Goodluck Southend, I'm going for the 1-1 draw tonight, I'd be more than happy with that:thumbsup:

Back