• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

manor15

Super Moderator⭐⭐
Staff member
Onto the next one, and I suspect Brown will be making quite a few changes.

Dan, White and Coker will be some of the first names on the team sheet as usual.

Seems Thompson has earned his place but Adam Barrett doesn't seem to have been as convincing as usual in recent weeks, Prosser would seem the obvious replacement but could easily be a right footed player there so possibly open the door for Rea or Bolger.

In midfield, Worrall seems to be in good form, Leonard is playing the best he has for a long time and wouldn't be dropped even if he wasn't. I guess a lot will depend on how fit Timlin is, I know he was due back last night but with him not making the bench maybe there were some doubts, but if fit can see him replacing Hurst and playing on the left, with Deegan replacing Atkinson.

Up front, it would seem he has to drop Mooney eventually, but this is Phil Brown so it might not be just yet. I'd hope Pigott would replace Mooney and play alongside Payne, with Hunt ready for some action from the bench. Starting Hunt would be a massive ask (and probably a risk) after such a long time out.

They lost to high flying Walsall two weeks ago, but that was their first defeat since the middle of October so I'd expect a Phil Brown special of playing for a draw and hoping to nab a lucky goal and win 1-0, but not expecting anything from this one.

...........................BENTLEY...........................
WHITE...........THOMPSON....PROSSER.....COKER
............LEONARD..........TIMLIN .....................
HURST..................PAYNE.................WORRALL
.............................HUNT.............................

MOONEY,PIGOTT,ATKINSON,DEEGAN,REA,O'NEILL,SMITH

As much as i luv Barrett , he didnt win a single header last night, Bradford have Hanson up front so we need Super Luke Prosser back to have more of an aerial presence. Dont forget , up the other end , Luke averages a goal every 10 minutes for the last 6 weeks !!!! Timlin is needed to beef up the tempo of our midfield & Hunt has to start up front and the trio of Worrall , Payne + Hurst encouraged to support him as much as possible.

..................... Bentley..………….........

white...... Thompson...Barrett .... Coker

.............. deegan........Lenny..........

Worral..............Payne...........Hurst
...................piggott........,.,........

time to give mooney a break and try pig again I think... At least until hunts up to speed and full fitness... Perfect game for deegs, tough opposition where we're going to be more likely to try and hold out and Nick it by one. Chance of Barrett for prosser but I think I'd leave it as is for now.

According to their board, Phil Parkinson was at last nights game & Will Atkinson is taking a bit of stick about his quality of football.

Last edited:
Atkinson was really off the pace in the second half it has to be said. The problem is Leonard had not been given licence to go forward so your relying on Atkinson to provide attacking threat. That becomes a problem, with Lenny deep and Atkinson going sideways, how are you going to create anything. Deegan alongside Lenny perhaps works better. Then again you could have Iniesta in our team creating and unless your going to have a striker who can actually hit a barn door it's irrelevant who's the creator in midfield.

It's a strange thing, but playing away at a strong team like Bradford will probably coax out a strong performance from the side with a minimum of a point gained, maybe three. Time and again I've watched defeats like the Millwall one and depression sets in on here, then we go and do some really good stuff and we're happy again. Bring it on, I'm optimistic of a post match thread celebrating our performance.

Atkinson was really off the pace in the second half it has to be said. The problem is Leonard had not been given licence to go forward so your relying on Atkinson to provide attacking threat. That becomes a problem, with Lenny deep and Atkinson going sideways, how are you going to create anything. Deegan alongside Lenny perhaps works better. Then again you could have Iniesta in our team creating and unless your going to have a striker who can actually hit a barn door it's irrelevant who's the creator in midfield.
Even deeper at times than you're suggesting, when he basically plays as a centre back replacing Barrett who goes on his crazy runs forward.

I have a really good feeling about this game, a point at the very least is coming. Everything crossed here. COYBB

..................... Bentley..………….........

white...... Thompson...Barrett .... Coker

.............. deegan........Lenny..........

Worral..............Payne...........Hurst
...................piggott........,.,........

time to give mooney a break and try pig again I think... At least until hunts up to speed and full fitness... Perfect game for deegs, tough opposition where we're going to be more likely to try and hold out and Nick it by one. Chance of Barrett for prosser but I think I'd leave it as is for now.

If the same players are available I'd probably go with this too, though I'd perhaps consider Atkinson ahead of Hurst. Hopefully give Hunt 20 mins or so too, It'll be good to finally see him back in the team.

It's a strange thing, but playing away at a strong team like Bradford will probably coax out a strong performance from the side with a minimum of a point gained, maybe three. Time and again I've watched defeats like the Millwall one and depression sets in on here, then we go and do some really good stuff and we're happy again. Bring it on, I'm optimistic of a post match thread celebrating our performance.

I have to agree, those tough away games against Coventry, Gills & Sheff Utd etc, we seem to raise our game a bit.

From what i've read on their forum, the Bradford team seem to have the same issue's as us (no natural goal scorer). So on that basis (and Phil's defensive tactics) Im gonna have to be happy with a 0-0 or 1-1 result.
However If Mr Hunt wants to make up for his absense for the last few months with a hatrick, then who am i to deny him his own thread on Shrimperzone!! :smile:

I don't think he'll drop Mooney. That's only gonna make his head drop lower. Just like he did with Pigott after the Scunthorpe game, he stuck with Pig and I think he'll stick with Mooney and look to ease Hunt back into the swing of things with 20 minutes

Hunt has travelled with the lads so he will be in the squad.
I want him to start, with Payne and Mooney/Pig.
Kevan has not, IMO, been poor but on a very wet pitch in rain I don't think it will be best for him, so he drops to the bench.
I want to play Tims BUT Atko is ex-Bantam so he keeps his place for this game.
My change from Tuesday then is just Hunt for Hurst .
3-1 Blues with goals from Hunt (brace) and Worrell.
8,578 crowd and 537 Shrimpers.

Hunt has travelled with the lads so he will be in the squad.
I want him to start, with Payne and Mooney/Pig.
Kevan has not, IMO, been poor but on a very wet pitch in rain I don't think it will be best for him, so he drops to the bench.
I want to play Tims BUT Atko is ex-Bantam so he keeps his place for this game.
My change from Tuesday then is just Hunt for Hurst .
3-1 Blues with goals from Hunt (brace) and Worrell.
8,578 crowd and 537 Shrimpers.
Your crowd estimate might be slightly wrong. Bradford have 17,000+ season ticket holders.

For me; Bentley
White Thompson Prosser Coker

Timlin Deegan Leonard Worrall

Payne

:pig:

Subs; Hunt; Mooney, Atkinson, Hurst Rea, Barrett, Bolger and any fit keeper...both Smith's injured :unsure:

Hope the game doesn't get called off. It's tipping it down here in sheff and roads are flooding a bit.

Back