• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pre-Match Thread Bradford City vs Southend Utd

What's your starting 11 for Saturday?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Part of me wants to get back to basics of a 4-4-2 with two strikers and two wingers. But part of me thinks it might be better to be a bit more cautious away to Bradford. I think I would go for a 5-3-2 wingbacks formation as we played earlier in the season, especially as Hart sounds like he’s decent going forward.

Bishop
Bwomono, Moore, White, Turner, Hart
Mantom, Yearwood, Dieng
Cox, Robinson

If Moore isn’t fit then I’d put Hendrie in his place.

Think it’s wise to start with Kelman on the bench. He really needs to be protected and shielded to a certain extent given the week he’s had. He’s gone from just being a decent prospect, to scoring a wondergoal, making national/international news and signing a pro deal in the space of a week. The last thing he needs is pressure on his shoulders, especially as many will be expecting moments of magic from him now. It’ll be a tough game, so think CP needs to remember he’s 17 and not expect too much too soon.

Bishop
Bwomono - Moore - Turner - Hart
Mantom - Dieng - Yearwood - McLaughlin
Kelmam - Cox

I think I would go for a 5-3-2 wingbacks formation as we played earlier in the season, especially as Hart sounds like he’s decent going forward.

Bishop
Bwomono, Moore, White, Turner, Hart
Mantom, Yearwood, Dieng
Cox, Robinson

5-3-2 for me too, although I'd drop Mantom who I think has been poor lately and put Hyam in (who admittedly has not been much better!).

I also hope and pray that we sign another striker before Saturday so that Robinson doesn't have to start.

Bishop
Elvis Turner* White Hart
Hutchinson Yearwood Mantom McLaughlin
Robinson Cox

I know it sounds daft, but how about 11 players in their positions?

*Moore in for Turner if he's fit

I know it sounds daft, but how about 11 players in their positions?

Agreed.

We need 20 points, so why not pick an attacking side and go for it in all these matches.

Play with width and move the ball quickly. Put the oppo on the back foot and manage the game further up the pitch.

I'd say playing this way is more what the players would want to do and might get some of that spring in our step on the pitch which we had at the back end of last season.

This flat and safety first midfield just doesn't work for me, like the three centre halves doesn't.

It's no coincidence that when we concede first we go on to lose, apart from two matches this season, one of which we drew.

Take it to the oppo and let them do the worrying.

Those of you still slating Robinson in this thread were obviously not at Plymouth home game. Like it or not at this moment of time we are a better team with him in it than not. With no target man to hold it up and we still intent on playing it long his pace and running Stretch teams allowing the long ball to go over the top allowing him to run onto in open space

I don't believe it is time for Kelman to start, however if Theo and Cox can't get anything going - AND trusting we have a midfield worthy of that description, then Mr Kelman has the last 30 minutes. Or more if bookings/injury niggles are concerns.

Approx 250 tickets sold I was told today ..... That will be 250 very cold fans sitting up there.

:Worthy:

Bradford sign Jermaine Anderson in time for Saturday, can't say i know much about him, other than he's been on loan at Doncaster and has had 2 ACL injuries.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46909858

He was in the posh team 06/12/17 when we played them away and lost 2-0. He also came to southend 17/10/17 when we played them at home for a 1-1 draw. This season he has more yellows (3) than goals (1).
He also had a slow year 16/17 when he only made 9 team appearances. He wasn't in the team at the start of this season when we lost against Donny 3-2 at home

We lose at home to almost everyone now ,once upon a time it was a fortress now easy 3 pointer for most teams

5-3-2 for me too, although I'd drop Mantom who I think has been poor lately and put Hyam in (who admittedly has not been much better!).

I also hope and pray that we sign another striker before Saturday so that Robinson doesn't have to start.

Now we've had the injury updates and the likely new signing, I would hope we might line up as follows:

Bishop

Bwomono White Turner Moore Hart

Yearwood Dieng Mantom

Cox Humphrys

Subs: Smith, Hendrie, Hyam, McLaughlin, Kightly, Robinson, Hutchinson/Kelman​

Back