• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Dbantx

Bradford fan here  
smile.gif

Just came for some friendly football chat before our encounter on Tuesday.  I gather you didnt play too well against Port Vale but i would not read too much into it.  In this division unless you are a cut above the rest everybody can beat everybody.  Last year only Luton were truly a cut above the rest.

As for tuesday night as long as you dont repeatedly try to hoof the ball upfield to your strikers you should do okay, Wetherall and Bower are only troubled when we face a team who run at us.  Freddy Eastwood looks a potent threat in your strikeforce (i even have him in my league 1 dream team).  Mind you, Tuesday and the game at your gaff are the only games i hope he does not score in.

How many of your fans do you think will be travelling up to Valley Parade?

I suspect it wont be a good turnout from our fans, a newly promoted team on a Tuesday night is hardly the most appealing fixture for anybody (no offense).

So prediction wise im going for

City                  3                        1        Southend
(Windass, Schumacher, Cadamarteri)      (Eastwood)
Att. 7,109

Two first half goals followed by a second half Southend comeback ended in the dying minutes with a Cadamarteri goal.

Would not worry IF you lose, you'll get it right eventually, with a strikeforce of Eastwood and Goater you cant go far wrong.

2nd half was alot better than the first, hopefully we will keep up with the pace from the start and as you will be concentrating on fredy, Wayne will nip in and score a late winner. 1-0 to the super blues.

I can dream.

2-1 to your lot is a more realistic score though
sad.gif

We are a lot better away than we are at home so dont play down your chances just yet.

yeh not too hopefull either. but you never know, strange game this football lark

The problem is we do spend alot of time hoofing it upto our strikers, and they are both poor in the air so doesn't look too positive.

Wouldn't expect too many Southend fans either, a tuesday night away fixture up north is not an attractive fixture (
tounge.gif
), and after the way we played against Vale alot of people i know have been put off going. I of course will be going anyway
smile.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shrimpersarmy @ Aug. 07 2005,17:35)]Wouldn't expect too many Southend fans either, a tuesday night away fixture up north is not an attractive fixture
this was a game a lot of us were looking forward to and typically it's a Tuesday night.

we could have taken a big crowd up if it were a Saturday

We didn't hoof it atall last season, so can't understand why we started doing it on saturday. Well we seemed to stop and get going in the second half so lets hope we carry it on. To be honest though I predict that Bradford will be up there this season and think it will be a 3-1 loss.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ((S)(U)(F)(C) @ Aug. 07 2005,17:53)]We didn't hoof it atall last season, so can't understand why we started doing it on saturday. Well we seemed to stop and get going in the second half so lets hope we carry it on. To be honest though I predict that Bradford will be up there this season and think it will be a 3-1 loss.
I think you may be selectively remembering here. Whenever we ran out of ideas, it was lump it to the little guys up front! Games like Macc away, fine, we passed like Dutchmen but Oxford away was more like a Lincoln effort!

Personally, I fear for us going up to Bradord. Bradford, Hartlepool and Britol City are three places I can't see us getting anything from.

Sorry to say it but I reckon it could be 3-0 Bantams.

this will be an important game for us as a guide to the season. Would settle for a point right now but if we get a 3 or 4 nil drubbing then its going to be a long hard season and a bloody long journey back!

Would like to see us grabbing a point, however I think Bradford will have too much for us. Another loss, 2-0 to City I reckon, though it won't stop me going up there anyway!

I'd be happy (well not really but you know what I mean) with a 2-0 defeat. A draw would be ecstacy frankly. A win..............I don't even want to think about it. I'd probly have a heart attack

I can't believe this pessimism after just one 2-1 loss. A few days ago the mantra would have been 'we always do well against league one sides, remember QPR etc' but now people are predicting getting hammered 3 or 4 nil! This aint the same $%&* team Alvin Martin sent out 97/98! We can/ will be competitive in this league as we showed in the second half on saturday (which we won 1-0). I hope the management and players believe in themselves more than some of our supporters do, otherwise we might as well just pack up and go home- after one game. I reckon we'll win.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (N'Zamba Legend @ Aug. 08 2005,14:10)]I can't believe this pessimism after just one 2-1 loss. A few days ago the mantra would have been 'we always do well against league one sides, remember QPR etc' but now people are predicting getting hammered 3 or 4 nil! This aint the same $%&* team Alvin Martin sent out 97/98! We can/ will be competitive in this league as we showed in the second half on saturday (which we won 1-0). I hope the management and players believe in themselves more than some of our supporters do, otherwise we might as well just pack up and go home- after one game. I reckon we'll win.
Absolutely right this most definitely isn't the same quality side as Chipmunk's in 97/98, agree with everything you've just said - except the last part!

I reckon we MIGHT get a point, this side will be competitive this season and we will establish ourselves back in League One which I'm sure most will be delighted with. Only then can we look to step it up to the next level.

'I can't believe this pessimism after just one 2-1 loss. A few days ago the mantra would have been 'we always do well against league one sides, remember QPR etc' but now people are predicting getting hammered 3 or 4 nil! This aint the same $%&* team Alvin Martin sent out 97/98! We can/ will be competitive in this league as we showed in the second half on saturday (which we won 1-0). I hope the management and players believe in themselves more than some of our supporters do, otherwise we might as well just pack up and go home- after one game. I reckon we'll win. '

Nice to see some optimism from Southend fans. Like i said our home form is inconsistent and your definitely in with a shot of knicking something.

Back