• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Shrimpergonzo

You have no authority here, Jackie Weaver⭐
Staff member
According to Chris Phillips
@CJPhillips1982: Blues have a striker from a Conference club training with them today. @SUFCRootsHall @Essex_Echo

I would ******* hope so!

If we can't even get a striker from the Conference who's near the top of the scoring charts, we're in serious trouble!

It looks like it might be Dan Holman or Scott Rendall. Apparently, their contracts are up.

Seen him a few times, would be a decent signing at this level, plus would be within budget i would guess. Training with us and if impresses then will go to spain with the team. Also been training with Coker through the off season who recommended him to PB. Know that the guys on BBC Essex have talked him up a lot last season.

I like this as he is young probably starving but has he got pace?,Aged 24 with a ratio of 1 in 3 plus the conference is on a par with league 2.

Yes indeedy I like it.

Was great at conference level, saw him play last season. Rate him more than braintree's other goalscorer Marks. Hopefully earns himself a contract. Had a quality scoring record for them

I think we'd have to a pay a fee for him, decided by tribunal, because of his age. Same as we did with Straker.

Nice to see us looking around the lower leagues for local talent. We don't do it enough.

Hopefully he will prove he is good enough to earn a deal.

I will blow my own trumpet .But I did say on an earler post that Dan holman could well end up at southend .But was shot down in flames and was told he was off to Wrexham :tease:

I will blow my own trumpet .But I did say on an earler post that Dan holman could well end up at southend .But was shot down in flames and was told he was off to Wrexham :tease:

You weren't shot down in flames. On said thread, I posted that on the Braintree forum they were discussing a rumour about him maybe going to Wrexham.

Well done on the gossip. Don't be so sensitive!

Nice to see us looking around the lower leagues for local talent. We don't do it enough.

Hopefully he will prove he is good enough to earn a deal.

Peterborough and the Daggers seem to be the two masters of this, over the last couple of seasons they have made huge profits from buying players from the Conference, developing them for a season or two, then selling them on for big prices. We should definitely scout it a lot more! :thumbsup:

Back