• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

stickyboy

Director
Southend United will be sending a strong XI to play in a friendly against Braintree Town tomorrow night.

The Blues will be taking competitive side to face the Blue Square Premier outfit on Tuesday evening with kick-off at 7.30pm.

Supporters are welcome to attend the match at Cressing Road with admission £5 for adults and £3 for concessions

Great confidence boost ahead of the weekends trip to burton, a spanking by a conference side :happy:

Southend United will be sending a strong XI to play in a friendly against Braintree Town tomorrow night.

The Blues will be taking competitive side to face the Blue Square Premier outfit on Tuesday evening with kick-off at 7.30pm.

Supporters are welcome to attend the match at Cressing Road with admission £5 for adults and £3 for concessions

I didn't know we had a Strong XI

From the Braintree site;

SOUTHEND VISIT ON TUESDAY
Iron to entertain -
Sounds

Southend First team squad
Braintree Town have arranged a friendly match for this coming Tuesday evening, 28th February, against League Two side Southend United, with kick-off at 7.30pm. Admission for this match will be just £5 for adults and £3 concessions to cover the cost of the match officials. Manager Alan Devonshire said: "I had a call from Paul Sturrock at Southend who asked if we fancied a game. He's bringing the full first team squad over and it will give us both an ideal opportunity to try a few things out."

The full first team squad? Wow, guess Sturrock has a few dramatic changes in mind, and want's to test them out before Saturday.

Hopefully the team will be,

Bentley
Clohessy
Phillips
Baldwin
Prosser
Sawyer
Grant
Timlin
Martin
Benyon
Flood

subs

morris
barker
woodyard
harris
sturrock

I can't see Phillips playing, if he is being managed day by day to survive the fixtures he surely won't be risked in a kickabout

Sawyer's been out a while. Good player but may need sevaral games under his belt to get back in the swing of things.

Assuming the 'Foolish Four' will not take part, I would like to see these given a try.

Bentley
Furlonge
Baldwin
Prosser
Nesbitt
Sawyer
Grant
Woodyard
Martin
Benyon
Flood

I think playing Barker / Phillips could do more harm than good. Clohessy & Timlin are auto selections for Saturday, but at some stage of the game also give a run out (if fit) to Harris, Sturrock, Gilbert. Unfortunately Leonard is still some weeks away from being ready.

As frustrated as I am with results and everything surrounding the club at the mo, I think PS should be commended for this. This friendly is a good idea if we can try things out in a meaningless game. It feels like Sturrock has been doing this in the past few league games which has lead to players playing in unfamiliar systems and its not working.

OS says Kane will play, plus the lieks of Benyon, Flood and Sawyer and a triallist left back Lee Hills from Crystal Palace.

Back