• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Braintree V Grimsby National League Play-Off SEMI FINAL 2ND LEG

mattitouk

Life President
Sounds like a decent atmosphere there, and a fiesty start from both teams.

Do we know if any SZ's planned to attend the match?

Strange looking at Braintree on the computer here in Saint Gaudens. Have to say that Grimsby looked the better side in the first-half but if the score stays the same, Braintree won't complain. The fear I have is that tiredness may take its toll on the part-timers in the second-half, I think the Iron will have to exploit the spaces which will evidently be left at the back as Grimsby push forward for an equaliser.

Yeah, I think Grimsby clearly edged the 1st half in terms of performance. A good crowd of 3,102 packed in there, actually that's more than some of Colchester's attendances this season.

Fingers crossed they will hold out for their dream trip to Wembley against Forest Green Rovers.

double change for Braintree, hopefully will inject some pace back into their game.

Braintree really on the rack ..............they've hit the post and been kept out by a brilliant save from the Braintree keeper. Can only see one winner at the moment, and I don't thing extra-time is going to help Braintree.

Braintree lucky there as Grimsby hit the post. One way traffic for the last 10 minutes, and if they survive that, they have another 30 minutes to endure.

Sadly, looks like it will be a bad day all round for Essex football today. But hey ho, we never know, football is a funny old game after all.

Ooooh dear now Braintree are down to 10 men after Mark Phillips is sent off after he recieves his 2nd yellow card.

This will be the longest next half hour of the clubs history. A bridge to far now I fear, unless by some miracle they can hang on, penalties could be anyone's game.

Just praying for Grimsby's Disley to get his 2nd yellow card also, to even the game up.

Braintree lucky there as Grimsby hit the post. One way traffic for the last 10 minutes, and if they survive that, they have another 30 minutes to endure.

Sadly, looks like it will be a bad day all round for Essex football today. But hey ho, we never know, football is a funny old game after all.

Not entirely Col Ewe lost!:smile:

Great the way the ball boy is playing the role of Danny Cowley's assistant in encouraging the team in the final half.

Back