• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Brandon Goodship signs

75 goals in 81 games for Weymouth according to wiki.

Good to see a signing and think this one means Theo could be off.

Welcome to the club Brandon.

A hat-tip to @Jim Levenstein who was the first to name him on the transfer thread and to @blueveined who was the first to confirm it was up on the OS.

I like this move. He may or may not end up a success but as someone approaching his prime and with 75 goals in 81 games he's someone who seems worth rolling the dice on. Can't wait to see him in action in pre-season.

Welcome to Southend Brandon, may your stay here be prolific!

I have already contacted the club to say we will take him as our 2nd player sponsorship.

Wow.. this is the kind of player we see mentioned on here a lot but we never seem to go for. Nice to see him get a chance after 2 strong seasons in non league. Welcome to Southend Brandon, hope it works out

This is exactly the sort of player we should be signing. Would imagine that Kevin Bond would have known all about him. Portsmouth isn't a million miles away from Weymouth.

Interesting quote from Bond in the OS post

"He clearly wants it again so I’m happy to give him that platform and it won’t be for the lack of trying with Brandon”

I’ve been trying to work out the kind of player KB will want to sign and my guess was hard working, industrial style players and this sounds to be one. Throw in the fact that he’s hungry to succeed as a pro once more I think this is a good bit of business.

It also means we can potentially loan out Kelman to get some proper first team experience and, likely, allow Robinson to leave

I'm guessing the friendly on 12th July mentioned in an earlier thread would've been offered to boost local funds ..:Thumbs up: no problem with that...…………….welcome aboard Brandon ...:Happy:

Back