• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Brandon Goodship signs

Weymouth Football Club can confirm that Brandon Goodship will be joining League 1 Southend United after two unbelievable seasons with the Terras.

Brandon scored an incredible 77 goals in 97 games for the club and secured two golden boot wins after blowing everyone else away in the Southern League.

Director of Football Paul Maitland on Goodship moving to the football league, “We would like to thank Brandon for his contribution over the last two seasons, his goalscoring record and helping us to achieve everyone’s dream of promotion will be his legacy. Whilst it is disappointing to lose Brandon, an opportunity has arisen that he simply cannot turn down and he leaves with our support and best wishes.”

Brandon is an incredible talent and he deserves this opportunity at a higher level. All at the club will miss Brandon but we certainly wish him very well in League One. What an achievement!

Thank you Goody, go and smash it!

So does that mean Cox might be going ?
I was wondering that. Hopper isn’t going to make the start of the season, but I wouldn’t have said a striker is a priority. Not a bad problem to have and Cox isn’t irreplaceable, as much as I’d like him to stay

I was wondering that. Hopper isn’t going to make the start of the season, but I wouldn’t have said a striker is a priority. Not a bad problem to have and Cox isn’t irreplaceable, as much as I’d like him to stay

We'd be a much poorer side without him.But I'd agree that he should always be playing with a big targetman rather than upfront on his own.

So does that mean Cox might be going ?

Let’s hope our ambition isn’t based on replacing by far our best player with someone from the Southern League- that would completely take the gloss of what is I think a promising signing.

I suspect however you are on a wind up :-)

I knew my move to Dorset would start to reap rewards. First a Dorset tour, now a new player. Might aswell move Roots Hall down here really, it will cut down on my petrol costs next season

Will he be the next Freddy Eastwood or Amadeus Ba? (or whatever his name was).

Amadou Ba was a young prospect from France who had played less than 10 professional games. Mark Salter would’ve been a better one to go for.

Absolutely delighted with this, another non league recruit, welcome Brandon I wish you every success, what with Sam Barratt and now Brandon at last the club are waking up to a little bit more risk taking .something I understood Ron wasnt to keen on in the past. And the recruitment team got changed as I hoped, all I want now is for more youngsters to be farmed out for experience and my first 3 strategies for improvement will have been met. Im not a Peterborough fan in the slightest but have used them to highlight the importance of snapping up youngsters like Brandon, long may it continue

I saw a programme recently which was actually pretty popular. The lad Brandon got injured pretty early on. Not a great omen but it turned out well in the end.

Back