• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Brandon Goodship signs

All those PL scouts that have come to watch and have not put offers in lol. I don't see Dru as a goalscoring midfielder tbh he would of scored atleast once by now surely. Even Kyprianou and Elvis have scored despite less appearances and playing fullback

Apart from £1m from Everton over a year ago.

They aren't looking to by the finished article they are looking at potential. Just as we have done with the signing of Goodship.

They have plenty of players in their academy's who sit deep and pass the ball square. The reason they are interested in Dru is because he can turn sharp, run with ball at pace and drive at the centre of the oppos defence.

He has had a dip in form and this summer is very important for him but he has the potential to be our player of the season next year.

If anyone needs a reminder have a look at games from early last year at Home to Portsmouth, MK Dons, Bradford away, or Gills away last season.

Couple more freebies from the lower levels would be nice, any stand out, young , half starved, 7 foot tall centre backs with more clean sheets than a chinese laundry

Apart from £1m from Everton over a year ago.

Do we know this for a fact? I’m very surprised if true, a) that they made that sort of offer and b) that their hand wasn’t snapped off at the elbow! But I have no idea so if you’re saying it happened I have no other reason to not believe you....

They aren't looking to by the finished article they are looking at potential. Just as we have done with the signing of Goodship.

Completely agree. I think we all agree Dru has bags of this?

They have plenty of players in their academy's who sit deep and pass the ball square. The reason they are interested in Dru is because he can turn sharp, run with ball at pace and drive at the centre of the oppos defence.

Again I agree with the first bit. Academy football is riddled with fear and technically good players who pass sideways and keep possession beautifully without hurting the opposition.

However....it also has the very very best kids who have the ability to play on the half turn, take the ball comfortably off either side in the most difficult of circumstances,who move comfortably with the ball at their feet and can see a pass yesterday!

They are creating them by the bucket load at the moment to the detriment of all other types of players....ie ball winners, box to box midfield players and centre backs. Only the very very best are kept and continue to play once that highly regarded 10 position, the rest are converted to the wings (if they have pace) or end up a little deeper and in some cases end up as Centre Backs!
Hutchinson is a prime example of just how high the standards are and how many options these clubs have as No 10s in their systems, as two years ago he was competing with Jaden Sancho and Phil Foden in the England set up to be the creative player....a year later he was released by BHA!!!!

While I don’t disagree with your summary of Drus attributes they are not suited to higher up the pitch they are actually better suited to being a little deeper. If PL clubs were in actual fact interested it would’ve been his athleticism and his aggression that would’ve caught their eye rather than his attacking skills as players like that are in far shorter supply among the top clubs.....

He has had a dip in form and this summer is very important for him but he has the potential to be our player of the season next year.

Completely agree. (This is weird) His dip in form was entirely related to his lack of pre season, ongoing fitness issues, poor morale and form around him and the huge weight of expectation that hung heavy on his shoulders.

Next season will be a big one for Dru and I fully expect to see him firing on all cylinders and reminding us just what a player he is...

I'm not saying play Dru as a number 10. I mean at the front of a midfield diamond or with Manton and Kiernan lets call it a triangle.

His best games for us have been when he was In that position. Other games where he has held back have easily been his worst and has been subbed first.

The Everton £1m was revealed by some of the academy coaches at that youth final last year.

Getting the thread back on the signing of the new striker. How about someone coming up with some lyrics to the Bad Manners song "My Girl Lolipop"???? I could only come up with the beginning..

Brandon Godship
You make our heats go giddy up
Your are as sweet as candy
Up front you're so f***ing handy

Then my writing skills end apart from the chorus

We love you , we love you, we love you so etc etc

Getting the thread back on the signing of the new striker. How about someone coming up with some lyrics to the Bad Manners song "My Girl Lolipop"???? I could only come up with the beginning..

Brandon Godship

Oh Mr @Prague Blue you have now may me feel ancient as my memory meanders back to 1965 when Millie bought out the original version of 'My Boy Lollipop' and I used to pay attention to the charts.

Brandon Godship

Rod Stewart we are sailing someone work on that.

Tell you what we'll have a tidy looking front-line next season (if they stay fit of course..). This lad, Hopper, Cox and Hump, I'd say thats a decent bunch to pick from at our level.

Brandon Godship

Morping two songs there.

I immediately thought of the song by Shirley temple

On the good ship lollipop

Bran-don good ship
plays up top
Its a sweet trip