• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Brandon Goodship signs

WEYMOUTH’S director of football Paul Maitland is backing Brandon Goodship to be a big hit with Southend United this season.

More...

If we can get him games He may have a chance. My concern is that with a fit cox, hopper and Humphreys ahead of him, it will be incredibly hard to get in.

Play those 3 up top together and we will get plenty of goals.

If we can get him games He may have a chance. My concern is that with a fit cox, hopper and Humphreys ahead of him, it will be incredibly hard to get in.

Play those 3 up top together and we will get plenty of goals.

He's got a great chance to get game time. Hopper won't start the season and Cox now has to be a doubt to start the season (or at least play 90 minutes). If he scores goals he'll then be hard to leave out.

Also I hope we don’t expect instant success. He could be an instant hit but he needs a bit of the rub of the green to get early goals. We need to allow him the time to adjust.

I have to agree with Rigsby re Cox. While his goal record is just about respectable at this level, although nothing to write home about, he only contributed 5 assists last season which is poor. His tendency to drop deep does not help the midfield looking for a more positive option, leading to a lot of sideways passing. It also meant that the central striker, when we were able to play one of Hopper or Humphrys was often isolated and left to feed off scraps. His constant haranguing of officials achieves nothing and may well have adverse effects on their decision making, nine yellow cards and a red last season is not good, most of those bookings could have been avoided with a lip zipped. I believe we would play better as a team without his contribution, it is not good to be so reliant on one player, especially if he is not quite as good as some think he is.
What a load of crap

Back