• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Brandon Goodship

Whether people agree or not, and I accept not many will have seen much in him, Brandon is a good footballer, who in his first season with us in league 1, at times looked our best player.

He scored 2/3 goals that were simply excellent movement and finishing. There is no doubt in my mind at all that he is another player who simply wasn’t good enough or experienced enough to drag a poor team at a poor time under some poor managers up to the level he needed or wasn’t surrounded by good enough players that as a creative player he needed to thrive.

I personally think he was another player who was a victim of the problems not a cause of them.

Whether people agree or not, and I accept not many will have seen much in him, Brandon is a good footballer, who in his first season with us in league 1, at times looked our best player.

He scored 2/3 goals that were simply excellent movement and finishing. There is no doubt in my mind at all that he is another player who simply wasn’t good enough or experienced enough to drag a poor team at a poor time under some poor managers up to the level he needed or wasn’t surrounded by good enough players that as a creative player he needed to thrive.

I personally think he was another player who was a victim of the problems not a cause of them.

I think he will be another one on the list of many that will go on and score a bag full for another club.

I think he will be another one on the list of many that will go on and score a bag full for another club.
Possibly, but that's no reason for keeping him and crossing our collective fingers.

My biggest gripe with him was that he never seemed "up for it". He seemed to bottle out of all, let alone 50/50, tackles, he hardly ever ventured into the penalty area and for most of the time he disappeared. If he couldn't really be arsed how is anyone here going to change that?

"The return of Brandon has been made possible by the Wessex Fantasy Football raising a substantial amount of money to enable Brian to make the move home for Brandon a reality. The club would like to thank all those that helped the Wessex Fantasy Football make this happen."

Wonder how much he can be on given Weymouth are semi-pro.

what a shock he has returned to Weymouth .Should have put a tenner in the bookies that was going to happen

That will be an interesting one. Either we'll hear no more of him, or he'll start banging them in and we'll look quite silly.

He was banging them in before we signed him. Probably another one who he’s been scarred by the last few years. Will be surprised if you see him in the football league again though.

I suppose there are two ways of looking at it: he was part of squad for two of the worst ever seasons in Southend's history, or, he had he has to play with some of the most under achieving players in Southend's history!

He was never going to turn around his form with us, having played his part in the very worst squad we have ever seen in our club's history.

Even if he goes somewhere else and scores goals, we shouldn't get up the wall about it and call it another opportunity missed.

Clear to see it was never going to happen for him with a SUFC shirt on after 2 seasons where he couldn't hit a cow's a**e with a banjo.

Anyway, here's hoping we get a proper goalscorer over the line soon.

Back