• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Yer Blues

Not Always Sarcastic ⭐
You may remember a few months ago we reported on the potential link-up between Brazilian Club Ferroviaro and Southend United FC to allow the Club’s finest youth prospects the opportunity to develop their skills at the Blues.

This report also mentioned how one especially talented 13 year old called Marcus Fabio had briefly trained with the Club in May.

Well he’s coming back next week….and this time he’s bringing company!

Accompanying Marcus for this trip is another hot Brazilian prospect in a 14 year old midfielder called Arthur Andrade.

They will both be staying with the Club for a month and competing in the Brondby Cup in August, for Southend United, and Blues Insider will be there to report back on how the team gets on.

The Club is delighted to be able to attract such talented players to the Club and hopes that it will enable all levels of the Youth Programme to continue its impressive development in recent years.

For those of you who may have missed the original article, here it is below:

SOUTHEND UNITED TO HAVE BRAZILIAN STRIKER AS GUEST PLAYER IN TOP TOURNAMENT IN FRANCE!!

Every year a top Brazilian youth organisation travels to Denmark to participate in the Norhalne Cup. The name of the club is Social Olimpico Ferroviaro in Belo Horizonte, Brazil.

They have one very special striker in their under 14s. His name is Marcus Fabio. Marcus made the front page of the Norhalne Cup programme this year and is highly thought of in his home land.

Two months ago Henrik Niss, our tour agent, recommended that Ricardo Andrade (Director of Youth for Ferroviaro) contact me to organise Marcus playing for Southend United in the future. Because of this Marcus played for Ferroviaro last week (1st – 3rd May) in Norhalne, Denmark then Marcus and his coach Ricardo caught a flight to Stansted. He has spent the last two days with Ricky Duncan and our youth team before meeting up on Friday with Mark Bonner and our under 14 squad to participate in an international tournament in Lille, France.

I must take this opportunity to thank Henrik Niss for creating this link. We are looking forward to seeing Marcus represent Southend United and hope that this is the first of many young talented Brazilians from Ferroviaro to play for the Blues.

Like many Brazilian boys it is Marcus’s dream to play in England and I hope we can help make this dream come true.

Luke Hobbs,
Centre of Excellence Manager

You may remember a few months ago we reported on the potential link-up between Brazilian Club Ferroviaro and Southend United FC to allow the Club’s finest youth prospects the opportunity to develop their skills at the Blues.

This report also mentioned how one especially talented 13 year old called Marcus Fabio had briefly trained with the Club in May.

Well he’s coming back next week….and this time he’s bringing company!

Accompanying Marcus for this trip is another hot Brazilian prospect in a 14 year old midfielder called Arthur Andrade.

They will both be staying with the Club for a month and competing in the Brondby Cup in August, for Southend United, and Blues Insider will be there to report back on how the team gets on.

The Club is delighted to be able to attract such talented players to the Club and hopes that it will enable all levels of the Youth Programme to continue its impressive development in recent years.

For those of you who may have missed the original article, here it is below:

SOUTHEND UNITED TO HAVE BRAZILIAN STRIKER AS GUEST PLAYER IN TOP TOURNAMENT IN FRANCE!!

Every year a top Brazilian youth organisation travels to Denmark to participate in the Norhalne Cup. The name of the club is Social Olimpico Ferroviaro in Belo Horizonte, Brazil.

They have one very special striker in their under 14s. His name is Marcus Fabio. Marcus made the front page of the Norhalne Cup programme this year and is highly thought of in his home land.

Two months ago Henrik Niss, our tour agent, recommended that Ricardo Andrade (Director of Youth for Ferroviaro) contact me to organise Marcus playing for Southend United in the future. Because of this Marcus played for Ferroviaro last week (1st – 3rd May) in Norhalne, Denmark then Marcus and his coach Ricardo caught a flight to Stansted. He has spent the last two days with Ricky Duncan and our youth team before meeting up on Friday with Mark Bonner and our under 14 squad to participate in an international tournament in Lille, France.

I must take this opportunity to thank Henrik Niss for creating this link. We are looking forward to seeing Marcus represent Southend United and hope that this is the first of many young talented Brazilians from Ferroviaro to play for the Blues.

Like many Brazilian boys it is Marcus’s dream to play in England and I hope we can help make this dream come true.

Luke Hobbs,
Centre of Excellence Manager

Put him up frount.

Saw this earlier, and it's good to see that we can attract these kids. After all, it might stand us in good stead in a few years time. Well done Mr Duncan.

Would prefer a 19 y-o wunderkind at the moment though...

Last edited:
stereoscene;714231The name of the club is Social Olimpico Ferroviaro in [b said:
Belo Horizonte[/b], Brazil

I've heard about the kids from this club before, they're renowned for their laid back personality, not to mention their skills at limbo dancing........

This is totally irrelevant but but Ferroviaro is Portuguese for Railway!!! Perhaps he might be interested in our barmaids in said establishment

I can't help wondering whether 14 year-old Arthur Andrade is, by any chance, related to Ferroviaro's Director of Youth Ricardo Andrade.

So this isnt a wind up? Interesting. I'm shocked if its true, but I guess its possible we could form a link with a small Brazilian club.

I hope I've not just been caught.

Surely he will need a work permit wont he? Bit to young to marry a local slag too....

He's probably just as Welsh as Freddy Eastwood is and can get around the work permit rules.

And your right - probably to young to marry one of our finest local girls, but probably not too young to get one pregnant and find some loophole in the law that could keep him here

Back