• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Brazilian Football Team

[b said:
Quote[/b] (glasgowsufc @ Oct. 18 2005,15:34)]How about No6: "Bullets" de Menezes?
laugh.gif

I had to chuckle at that one!

I love the way Brazilian nicknames end.
E.g. there are 3 Ronald's playing professionally; Ronaldao, Ronaldo & Ronaldinho. What we need now is for another 2 Ronald's to get signed up, then we'll have Ronaldzinho & then Ronaldinhozinho.
Totally 100% true, I have taken this from the excellent Futebol: A Way of Life that both myself & MtS have recommended on here before.

Well, you've obviously got Dunga and Kaka there already... although (to me) "Fellatio" sounds more Italian than Brazilian.

"Goneria" (since no one's going to have ghonnorea as a surname) would work, though...

oops.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (glasgowsufc @ Oct. 18 2005,15:46)]I love the way Brazilian nicknames end.
E.g. there are 3 Ronald's playing professionally; Ronaldao, Ronaldo & Ronaldinho.  What we need now is for another 2 Ronald's to get signed up, then we'll have Ronaldozinho & then Ronaldinhozinho.

Totally 100% true, I have taken this from the excellent Futebol: A Way of Life that both myself & MtS have recommended on here before.
biggrin.gif

Indeed... although since you had Junior, and then obvioulsy Juninho, they've now had to start regionalising them - so you've got the Juninho who played for Middlesbrough, who is known as Juninho Paulista in Brazil, because he comes from São Paulo; and then there's the Juninho who plays for Olympique Lyonnais, who is Juninho Pernambucano, because he's from the state of Pernambuco in the North East of Brazil...

Still, surnames would be so dull in comparison... give me Alemão (because he looks a bit German) and Socrates (because he's a doctor and a deep thinker) any day!

biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ Oct. 18 2005,15:56)]Still, surnames would be so dull in comparison... give me Alemão (because he looks a bit German) and Socrates (because he's a doctor and a deep thinker) any day!

biggrin.gif
I think he was Socrates because that is his name Socrates Brasileiro Sampaio de Souza Vieira de Oliveira. He was a doctor as well. Is he still playing for that Northern Premier League Side?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (C C Csiders @ Oct. 18 2005,16:04)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ Oct. 18 2005,15:56)]Still, surnames would be so dull in comparison... give me Alemão (because he looks a bit German) and Socrates (because he's a doctor and a deep thinker) any day!

biggrin.gif
I think he was Socrates because that is his name Socrates Brasileiro Sampaio de Souza Vieira de Oliveira. He was a doctor as well. Is he still playing for that Northern Premier League Side?
His Dad was really into philosophy & so named his son after Socrates I believe.

Nope, that was a one-off publicity stunt for Garforth Town, their chairman is the bloke who runs Soccatots & is trying to get Futbol de Salao (aka Futsal) off the ground in the UK. Did he not get Romario to play a game for them this year too?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (C C Csiders @ Oct. 18 2005,16:04)]
[b said:

biggrin.gif
I stand corrected.

Quality, quality second name, though!

laugh.gif

It would be like naming my son "Plato Englishman Fredrick Mair Michael Walker"...

laugh.gif

does anyone actually know how brazilian names are formed cause 'ronaldo' is not in his real name nad nor are many others?

Down in Brazil, they actually call Ronaldo "Ronaldinho" (little ronaldo) so when the real Ronaldinho came on the scene they had to call him Ronaldinho Gaucho after the region in Brazil where he comes from

Back