• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Break the silence2; Three UK schoolgirls 'travelling to Syria'

steveo

mine to stay the same please
Who cares? They obviously got the money for the flights, why the fuss. Let them get on with it and lets not waste Police resources trying to stop them.

Good riddance to bad rubbish.

Who cares? They obviously got the money for the flights, why the fuss. Let them get on with it and lets not waste Police resources trying to stop them.

Good riddance to bad rubbish.

At least no one can claim that these were harassed by anybody as a reason for going out there and doing whatever is asked of them. J.John was going to do what he did even if he was never watched or questioned by anybody. Just a very poor excuse by CAGE for his barbaric murders.

Boris is right as well.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukn...tion-with-Cage-director-over-Jihadi-John.html

Last edited:
If it was 1938 and any British man, woman, or 15 year old left the safety and protection of our blessed land to go fight and perform/support atrocities for Nazi Germany then it would later be seen as treason. The RAF and our Special Forces are risking their lives fighting ISIS; so for me, and I believe many other British Citizens, that what these people are doing is also Treason, and should be viewed as such; it beggars reason why no politician has not stated that.

I'm not really bothered about them per se, but it is worrying that seemingly intellegent, western educated girls can be brainwashed into believing they're fighting for some kind of good, when ISIS really are inhumane filth who deserve absolute annihilation.

I'd be interested to know what the authorities would have done with them if they'd actually stopped them. Bought them back to England and then what? you then have people who support ISIS in England who will more than likely try to do something here.

Let them go, I'm sure they'll soon get bored once they've been passed around a couple of thousand ISIS sodiers.

I think we do have a responsibility for the young and easily influenced. I know I was easily swayed at that age and a few older lads at the pub with rather right wing views seemed like great guys to me, as I grew up I realised that the stuff they spouted wasn’t right and have become progressively more left wing. I think at a young age you can follow people rather than an ideal, in this case a mistake of judgement would be terribly costly to these girls.

If it was 1938 and any British man, woman, or 15 year old left the safety and protection of our blessed land to go fight and perform/support atrocities for Nazi Germany then it would later be seen as treason. The RAF and our Special Forces are risking their lives fighting ISIS; so for me, and I believe many other British Citizens, that what these people are doing is also Treason, and should be viewed as such; it beggars reason why no politician has not stated that.

Any male who goes out there to fight are mercenaries, as per article 47 of the 1977 addition to the Geneva convention.
As a mercenary is not involved in direct combat against their own troops , it cant be treason because they are not acting against their own state.

So, they are not subject to the laws of the Geneva convention if captured and can be tried as Murderers etc if captured.

Considering the number of Brits or served as mercenaries in Africa in the 70's and were not prosecuted in the UK (or the amount of Brits feted as heroes for fighting in the Spanish Civil war for that matter ) , it does appear that going abroad to fight for a cause is alright as long as its for the right side....

And today a British Mercenary dies fighting in the same war in Syria , is deemed a hero by his family and the media.

Yet he is fighting for the Kurds in Syria, a group opposed to the regime in Syria , therefore , in Syria , they are terrorists.

One mans terrorist is another mans freedom fighter

I read that the parents are now blaming the Police?
WTF?
I can just imagine what the parents would have said if the police had "accused" the girls of encouraging and supporting terrorism before they legged it to Syria; the complaints would have been loud and supported with cries of harassment and racism etc.

I read that the parents are now blaming the Police?
WTF?
I can just imagine what the parents would have said if the police had "accused" the girls of encouraging and supporting terrorism before they legged it to Syria; the complaints would have been loud and supported with cries of harassment and racism etc.

Yep, quite unbelievable. Mind you, I'm thinking of speaking to the police about my daughter's bedroom. It must have taken her months to make it that messy and they didn't contact me once. I feel so let down.

So far it's the British security forces, and the police's fault. How about blaming the radicals who sprout this rubbish, the parents (Locking away their childrens passports might help), Turkish airlines check-in, the schools and the children themselves.

Last edited:
Back