• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breakdown cover

Mad Cyril

The Fresh Prince of Belfairs⭐⭐
I am pretty sure we are being screwed by the RAC for breakdown cover.

Is anyone with one of the cheaper alternatives such as Green Flag and if so would you recommend them?

I pay about £50 for RAC annual cover.Thats home start.Full UK recovery and hotel if cant get you home that day.7 call ours per year I think.Always been happy with service they have given

I pay about £50 for RAC annual cover.Thats home start.Full UK recovery and hotel if cant get you home that day.7 call ours per year I think.Always been happy with service they have given

I checked my account direct debits and RAC are looking to take 250 quid for joint membership in October.

They can FRO.

I checked my account direct debits and RAC are looking to take 250 quid for joint membership in October.

They can FRO.
You can always knock them down that's loads of money.I have only used them about 3 or 4 times in about 10/11 years so that gives me a bit of leverage with them

You can always knock them down that's loads of money.I have only used them about 3 or 4 times in about 10/11 years so that gives me a bit of leverage with them

My 'other half' has been with RAC for 15 years, and her premium for next year ( same benefits as you ), commencing last month, was £189.
Last year it was about £160. She's never called them out & attempted the 'haggling' act with them to no avail.

I opened a flex plus at nationwide

it costs £13 a month- I dont use it for anything, and i dont have my wages paid in
breakdown cover for me wife and kids (if they break down they just say its my car)
worldwide travel insurance inc sking , inc kids up to 21
mobile phone insurance - again for family.

Both my kids have used the breakdown service and I have claimed for 3 phones (mas 4 a year)

excellent value for money in my opinion

My 'other half' has been with RAC for 15 years, and her premium for next year ( same benefits as you ), commencing last month, was £189.
Last year it was about £160. She's never called them out & attempted the 'haggling' act with them to no avail.
My policy is a joint one but still works out a very reasonable price at about £50 each for 2 people.This year they did this deal sometimes they have quoted about £125ish but then after haggling let me have a 14 month membership

I'm with the AA, 2 years ago they quoted me the same price for a 2 year deal at £131 per year.
Think I got £133 a year on 2 year deal but that was after they quoted me £207 for a year until I said I was leaving them, they do try it on tho, and I’ve been with them for 20 plus years, hardly ever use them but at least I no it’s there if I need them and can’t get home plus you get free key cover also:Thumbs up:

Get RAC on Tesco points each year now my kids are grown up so I no longer have to lose the vouchers on a day of torture at LegoLand (where I've never seen anyone pay cash - everyone enters on vouchers). Drive a shi te car too so all too frequently call them out, and gotta say that the service has always been great

Back