• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breakdown cover

Pubey

My RAC breakdown is quite expensive. I was thinking about moving to Green Flag who are a lot cheaper.

Any experience? With a baby about to arrive and spending a lot of time driving across the peak district, I don't want to scrimp really.

This is such a boring thread I can't believe I even started it!

If you ring them up and choose the thinking of leaving option...they ask you a few questions about your mileage and the sort of driving you do - then they always always seem to be able to offer you a much cheaper deal than the renewal.

My RAC breakdown is quite expensive. I was thinking about moving to Green Flag who are a lot cheaper.

Any experience? With a baby about to arrive and spending a lot of time driving across the peak district, I don't want to scrimp really.

Get mine through my bank account, plus travel insurance too. Worth looking around at things like that.

This is a very dull thread.

Im with greenflag, always been fine for me, both times there within the hour.

If you ring them up and choose the thinking of leaving option...they ask you a few questions about your mileage and the sort of driving you do - then they always always seem to be able to offer you a much cheaper deal than the renewal.

Agreed, last year was my 1st with the AA at £95. Renewal is this month and they quoted £180. I said i'd go elsewhere, and it was reduced to £115.
For under £2.50 per week i'm happy with that.

I'm with CSMA so I get Britannia Rescue. As I live in the back of beyond, it doesn't matter which company I am with, I get the same transporter/driver from whichever is the nearest garage, they are almost all agents for all the Breakdown firms. What I found interesting is that both the drivers I asked said that they used Britannia Rescue for their personal cover, both because of the price and the efficiency of the organisation.

I pay £86 which covers me and my wife for any car we are travelling in, including full recovery. The only option we don't have is Home Start.

Britainnia Rescue all the way. As Century quite rightly pointed out, most recovery people use them. As do I.

Britainnia Rescue all the way. As Century quite rightly pointed out, most recovery people use them. As do I.

I phoned up the RAC and they almost matched the quotes I got from Britannia and Green Flag, so stayed with RAC (who the couple of times I've needed them have been good). Saved £50 on the renewal offer which is just mental - exploiting lazy people!

Agreed, last year was my 1st with the AA at £95. Renewal is this month and they quoted £180. I said i'd go elsewhere, and it was reduced to £115.
For under £2.50 per week i'm happy with that.

Mine tripled with AA - it was less than £100 in first year and over £350 in second. They never sent me a letter and just tripled my direct debit!

I now do mine through BMW with extended warranty, servicing and parts package.

Got a joint cover with my mum with RAC.Home start,roadside breakdown and full UK recovery £126 for 15 months,works out around £1 each a week.Happy with that.

We made the switch to Green Flag a while ago and never looked back. I really like them and twice we have called them and twice they have been spot on.

I've just ditched the RAC for Aviva Rescue. Half the price and guess who comes out to you.........yes, the RAC.

I have had both AA and RAC over the years and have used them both twice and each time i had no complaints with either in terms of time they took to arrive and service that i received

Back