• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News:Albion sign another two today

Spartan

Albion's 9th and 10th signings...
Alan Navarro has signed a two-year deal with Albion after impressing while on trial during pre-season.

The 28-year-old former MK Dons, Macclesfield Town and Tranmere Rovers midfielder becomes Russell Slade's eighth new face of the summer.

The Albion boss said, "He's been excellent for us during pre-season and he gives us a different dimension in the midfield. He is a very clever player and showed on Saturday just how he can make a team play."

Liverpool-born Navarro began his career at Anfield, but made his league debut on loan at Crewe in 2001. He switched to Tranmere in January 2002 for a £225,000 deal.

After 48 senior games during his time at Prenton Park, he had subsequent loan spells with Chester and Macclesfield, before a short-term spell with Accrington Stanley.

He joined Macclesfield permanently in October 2005 and under Paul Ince his career took off. He played 82 times during his time at Moss Rose, before he followed Ince to MK Dons in 2007.

In two years with the Dons he made 89 appearances before being released at the end of last season by Roberto Martinez.

Meanwhile Jamie Smith is also set to join Albion after impressing during pre-season. The 19-year-old midfielder is due to sign a one-year deal in the next couple of days.

Slade added, "Jamie has done exceptionally well throughout pre-season. He's worked hard to convince us he is worth a contract and he has the potential to be a very good player."

you care so much you responded, which is probably why he posted in the first place!

It's because I DON'T care, it's quite ridiculous. And besides which he called me "Nan" and THAT completely got my back up!

It's because I DON'T care, it's quite ridiculous. And besides which he called me "Nan" and THAT completely got my back up!

if you're going to start shouting then I think that means you care.

Spartan has every right to post what he wants as long as it's relevant to the board... if you aren't interested then don't respond!

:offtopic:

Navarro is a bit of a journeyman, is he really going to help you out of your relegation battle this season?

Spartan has every right to post what he wants as long as it's relevant to the board... if you aren't interested then don't respond!

Navarro is a bit of a journeyman, is he really going to help you out of your relegation battle this season?

:p Who appointed you Spartan's advocate?

I don't know anything about Navarro but trust Slade's judgement.Relegation battle? Lol

Cheers for your response mate.You are now on my christmas card list.

Leave poor Spartan alone. Last season plucky BHA held a Walsall team reduced to just nine-men (for a full hour) to a 0-1 defeat at the Withdean and now in their brave new world they've managed the same scoreline against a Walsall team with its full quota of players so, technically, it's a small improvement for BHA.

If you're a Walsall fan, Brighton is definitely an away trip to make. Nailed on three points.

Last edited:
does your boyfriend, does your boyfriend, does your boyfriend know your here, oh no your not here because your band of 5hitty players lost ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

We'll see Spartan again if they move above us. That's why it's a waste of time attempting "banter" with cretins like that - how can you have a healthy two-way exchange with somebody who makes themselves conspicuous by their absence whenever it suits?

Still, doesn't stop us enjoying a good laugh at his expense, does it?

:D :D :D :D :D

Back