• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

sufcintheprem

This is a modified caption
The reason I've not been on the board for a while is that i have been in a 40 hour meeting with my lawyer.

We have consulted third parties to ensure they agree with it and have chosen to release the following statement:

"It is with deep sorrow that Southsea Commoners will not be opening their SZ cup campaign as planned due to an administrative error. The member of staff in charge of booking friendlies has been stripped of his role at the club. ORM has told me to mention he is available for hire.

"Further, we will not be seeking legal action against the member of staff nor the tournament organisers. As was rightly pointed out at the meeting, SC are to the SZ cup what Columbia are to the World Cup. OK, they may not be the worst team but everyone knows they are not going to do anything. As one member of our legal team commented, 'we are pretty s%&t though'.

"The club will accept the forfeiture of the game as long as it can be remembered that the game was very close with 3-0 harsh on the Commoners. Whilst most people would guess the Commoners are a 23-26 star team, manager SITP would like to point out that he has several 5 figure TSI players who are expected back from 6 month suspensions and would have been eligible raising the standard to 41 stars.

"Having seen the usefulness of this outcome, opposition teams should not be surprised to see future slips of the mouse by SITP in future.

"All that remains to be added is that SC are clearly not bitter although SITP is well aware that this is only a blip in the Commoners' triumphant march to the trophy. Thanks for your time."

blues.gif

A spokesman for SZFC added:

'The lads are gutted as they were looking forward to a goal fest. However, the manager has taken advantage of the unexpected free week to take the boys on a 'sightseeing' tour of Thailand. A block booking at the clinic has been arranged for their return.'

Back