• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Brentford!

January 2006 Southend reclaimed League 1 top spot with a 4 -1 win over promtion rivals Brentford, whatever happened to them??

Yes, that's what grinds me sometimes.
Clubs that were our equal going in one direction while we go in another.

But onwards and upwards, a

Brentford have got where they are with extensive use of data analysis and statistics to figure out what they can do to compete with clubs bigger than them, the people that laughed at MM's spreadsheets would probably have a heart attack if we tried something similar here.

But you can do that when you have a complete squad of talented players, when you are in League 2 you just need to concentrate on the basics first, something which we were incapable of doing

But you can do that when you have a complete squad of talented players, when you are in League 2 you just need to concentrate on the basics first, something which we were incapable of doing
Don't get me wrong, MM's use of statistics left a lot to be desired but a lot of people on SZ seem to have decided because of it that data analysis is useless in football rather than it just being MM's application of it that didn't work.

Don't get me wrong, MM's use of statistics left a lot to be desired but a lot of people on SZ seem to have decided because of it that data analysis is useless in football rather than it just being MM's application of it that didn't work.

I agree, why do you think ALL clubs now have their players wearing the tracking units to collect data.

It's just doomed to failure when our squad of players can't even grasp the concept of attacking set pieces, tracking players off the ball and passing 5 yards to a teammate

I'm too young to remember it- though I'm sure Cricko wasn't- but they were apparently in the old 1st division 76 years ago. :Smile:
Well apparently Roy Hodgson wasn’t even born since the last time Brentford were in the top flight they said on tv so not sure what year that was.

Thoroughly deserved, hope they stuff one or more of the 6reedy next season ?

Yes, congratulations to Brentford. They have a nice new stadium you know...........

That they started making plans for long after the wafty haired one first put in his plans for his three sided dream

That they started making plans for long after the wafty haired one first put in his plans for his three sided dream

They have been after a move since the early 70's. Hounslow council have even tried hard to get rail links to the stadium, including cross rail.

Southend council have never have failed us all for decades. Not just football fans but the high street, the pier, Sea front etc. We have the airport back up and running and that alone should have been the incentive for a cross rail extension form Shenfield.

Bentley should never have left them.
For whatever reason Bentley's confidence towards the end of his spell at Brentford was completely shot, the Brentford fans weren't bothered at all about him leaving. Getting a fresh start at Bristol City was probably the best move he could have made to get his career back on track, if he'd stayed at Brentford he probably wouldn't even be starting for them at this point.

Back