• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

mfurok

Manager⭐
Does anyone know whether this game is going ahead tomorrow evening and, if so, from which squad the team will be picked?

Brentwood friendly

Can't believe that there hasn't been more fuss about this prestigious tie, but I assume I'm right in saying that we travel to Brentwood tomorrow night for a friendly? No info on the OS that I can see, but it is mentioned on Brentwood's website.

If anyone is going, do you have any info on the bar, tickets etc?

Ta.

It isn't on the official site fixture list so putting 2 and 2 together I would guess the under 21s will be playing.

Tickets were £5 adults, £3 concessions & children free when they played Col U, so I'd imagine they'd be the same. I was tempted by this, but can't get there.

Yup, I was thinking it would be the U21 team as well, bit of a shame, but good practice for them.

As it's only down the road from me now, I will pop along and just pray the bar is open.

on our website it only mentions the Canvey game on Wednesday on the fixture list but it does seem to be going ahead according to Brentwood so presume its our U21's. Reckon I will go as never been to their ground and cant recall us ever playing there in any form away

Last edited:
It's an U-21 game. Brentwood play at the Brentwood Centre - ample parking there. Terrible floodlights and a terrible pitch from memory, also quite a small bar but nice enough bar. It's my hometown so I will be there as I have a free evening.

It looks like quite a good money spinner if you can arrange a pre-season friendly with Southend. I can see why these small clubs do it.

Actually, next summer I might see if the blues fancy bringing a 5-a-side team over to my plot to play a friendly against the wife, kids and myself. I could easily rope in the Leeds fan over the road to make up the numbers. Even though both my kids are under 8 and the fella opposite is quite overweight I think the blues would get a decent run out. I would charge £5 for adults and kids for a quid which seems quite reasonable. In terms of the bar I would make a killing by buying a load of beers from Aldi and selling them at 100% mark up. I'd make up some jugs of squash and get Jack Payne to serve them to make it a family friendly day out. I might even flog some of those half-and-half scarves.

Have any other zoners looked into this?

It looks like quite a good money spinner if you can arrange a pre-season friendly with Southend. I can see why these small clubs do it.

Actually, next summer I might see if the blues fancy bringing a 5-a-side team over to my plot to play a friendly against the wife, kids and myself. I could easily rope in the Leeds fan over the road to make up the numbers. Even though both my kids are under 8 and the fella opposite is quite overweight I think the blues would get a decent run out. I would charge £5 for adults and kids for a quid which seems quite reasonable. In terms of the bar I would make a killing by buying a load of beers from Aldi and selling them at 100% mark up. I'd make up some jugs of squash and get Jack Payne to serve them to make it a family friendly day out. I might even flog some of those half-and-half scarves.

Have any other zoners looked into this?

Great idea, I'd be up for that. If you needed any more players, I'm quite tall and based solely on this fact and no practical evidence whatsoever, I assume I'd be either an excellent goalkeeper or target man. They won't know what hit 'em! (Well, in my case it will be 14.5 stone of mostly lard, but you get the gist.)

Looking forward to tomorrow night, I'm trying to tempt some of my work lot down with the promise of football and beer, so we may yet get a few more through the gate.

Great idea, I'd be up for that. If you needed any more players, I'm quite tall and based solely on this fact and no practical evidence whatsoever, I assume I'd be either an excellent goalkeeper or target man. They won't know what hit 'em! (Well, in my case it will be 14.5 stone of mostly lard, but you get the gist.)

Looking forward to tomorrow night, I'm trying to tempt some of my work lot down with the promise of football and beer, so we may yet get a few more through the gate.

I'm really confused now. I though you had gone a free to Braintree, never to post again on here?

on our website it only mentions the Canvey game on Wednesday on the fixture list but it does seem to be going ahead according to Brentwood so presume its our U21's. Reckon I will go as never been to their ground and cant recall us ever playing there in any form

I saw my first ever Blues away win (after 1 draw and 13 defeats!) at Brentwood Town's The Hive ground,Ongar Road -knocked down donkeys' years ago - we came back from 0-2 at HT to win 3-2 (Tony Bentley,pen,Colin Flatt and Ray Smith),played 24/10/66. And YES it was definitely a full first-team match as were all Essex Professional Cup matches in those days, played in front of nearly 1,000 fans.

A full 1st Team will be visiting Canvey Island on Wednesday night by all accounts

Chris Phillips ‏@CJPhillips1982
Playing my favourite pre-season game of find the trialist. Today it's Yeago from Portugal.

I saw my first ever Blues away win (after 1 draw and 13 defeats!) at Brentwood Town's The Hive ground,Ongar Road -knocked down donkeys' years ago - we came back from 0-2 at HT to win 3-2 (Tony Bentley,pen,Colin Flatt and Ray Smith),played 24/10/66. And YES it was definitely a full first-team match as were all Essex Professional Cup matches in those days, played in front of nearly 1,000 fans.

They have been rebuilding slowly after being screwed by property developers (Cherry and Bairstow), albeit property developers who actually developed property. After winding them up they then moved on to repeat the same trick leaving Chelmsford City homeless. It featured on "The Money Programme" a few decades ago!

Not to mention the 10-1 win at Roots Hall about 1968/9 Billy Best etc. FA Cup round 2 IIRC

yeah think that ground got demolished in 1970!

Back