• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Not to mention the 10-1 win at Roots Hall about 1968/9 Billy Best etc. FA Cup round 2 IIRC

IIRC, we'd put 9 past Kings Lynn? in the first round and we were the highest scorers in the Cup that season even though we went out in the 3rd Round against Swindon? Haven't checked and the memory's a bit fuzzy these days....:winking:

IIRC, we'd put 9 past Kings Lynn? in the first round and we were the highest scorers in the Cup that season even though we went out in the 3rd Round against Swindon? Haven't checked and the memory's a bit fuzzy these days....:winking:

Just checked with my mate Google and we won 2-0 at Swindon, but lost 2-1 at Mansfield in round 4.

I saw my first ever Blues away win (after 1 draw and 13 defeats!) at Brentwood Town's The Hive ground,Ongar Road -knocked down donkeys' years ago - we came back from 0-2 at HT to win 3-2 (Tony Bentley,pen,Colin Flatt and Ray Smith),played 24/10/66. And YES it was definitely a full first-team match as were all Essex Professional Cup matches in those days, played in front of nearly 1,000 fans.

yeah think that ground got demolished in 1970!

There is a small bit about the Hive and a couple of photos in this link :- http://www.footballgroundsfrenzy2.com/USERIMAGES/Essex lost.pdf
Also a bit on a few other lost Essex grounds.

I'm really confused now. I though you had gone a free to Braintree, never to post again on here?

Ah, yes. I do vaguely remember something about that a while back..... Alas, we couldn't agree personal terms, plus our new away kit drew me back like a moth to a high-vis flame. Brentwood may yet turn my head though tomorrow.

To be fair, I do like getting a look at the trialists, there's always that slight chance we could uncover another Gomis, then keep him under wraps the whole season, only to unleash him like a force of nature on an unsuspecting league....

Look like to me that Yago had wasted his footballing career, with lack of games over the years.

There is a small bit about the Hive and a couple of photos in this link :- http://www.footballgroundsfrenzy2.com/USERIMAGES/Essex lost.pdf
Also a bit on a few other lost Essex grounds.

Tidy ground, I went there as a kid when my Dad was involved with Woodford town, IIRC a change of owner saw them owned by a property company (tied in with Bairstow Eves I think) who promptly merged them with Chelmsford and built houses on the ground. He then proceeded to rape Chelmsford City as well.

Anyone going to this?

There's a pint in it for someone who doesn't mind giving a lift. :winking:

I am reliably informed by my man on the inside that Craig Mackall-Smith is playing. Gosh.

I'll be there myself soon so I may be able to confirm this wild rumour. Stay glued to your screens peeps, sports coverage literally doesn't get slower than this.

I am reliably informed by my man on the inside that Craig Mackall-Smith is playing. Gosh.

I'll be there myself soon so I may be able to confirm this wild rumour. Stay glued to your screens peeps, sports coverage literally doesn't get slower than this.

If rumours are true and Noel Hunt wants an MLS payday then I would hope we are pushing for CMS.

right I'm in the ground and I've got myself a beer. Yago is very tall and suntanned. he is currently kicking a ball. further reports as events warrant. I can confirm he has a beard.

Is CMS in attendance?

Of course he isn't.

If CMS was to join on trial, you'd hardly send him out with the Under 21 squad when the first team squad are playing the following day.

If you had been released from a Championship Club and was an ex-International and asked to trial with a newly promoted League One team and had to play for the Under 21's you'd rightly turn round and say "No chance".

1-1, defence couldn't deal with long throw in to the box, bundled over the line.

Back