• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I am reliably informed by my man on the inside that Craig Mackall-Smith is playing. Gosh.

I'll be there myself soon so I may be able to confirm this wild rumour. Stay glued to your screens peeps, sports coverage literally doesn't get slower than this.

So where inside is he ? Dartmoor?

I am reliably informed by my man on the inside that Craig Mackall-Smith is playing. Gosh.

I'll be there myself soon so I may be able to confirm this wild rumour. Stay glued to your screens peeps, sports coverage literally doesn't get slower than this.

Your mate is about as reliable as a greek bank

CMS aint coming here lets be realistic he played for Luton again last night and looking at highlights he looked lively as he did for P'Boro and Brighton. If he was going to be on trial here he'd be here by now trialing in every game possible or asked to.

Let's move on to our next target and hope Luton **** up after spending huge wages on players like CMS, McQuoid and Mccourt

Mr Greebosan, thought its was your last post on here at 6.28pm before you bugger off to support Braintree Town :winking:

Really hard to tell, looked ok on ball, but pitch was not the best!

@BrentwoodTownFC: ATTENDANCE: Brentwood Town v Southend United - 196! Look like we got more fans than Col Ewes, who they played their first team at Brentwood on Friday, they got 174 fans watching them :hilarious: #You Have No Fans! Do you want some? Sorry I won't give it to ya!!#

Right, back from the game, and no longer relying on my stupid phone to post.

My ex-mate, it turns out, gave me the information about CMS based on a bloke he bumped into into the pub before the game, who said "yeah I know the lads and CMS is playing tonight". Sigh. Blokes in pubs eh? To be fair, it may have been Mr Brown on a wind up.

Ok, the much vaunted trialist got a half, and looked ok-ish. Tall, bearded, suntanned. Did not set the world alight although it's very hard to tell in these sort of games - to be honest, for someone who is actually a pro, playing in an U21 side at Brentwood Town must be a tough thing to do. Maybe we'll see more of him tomorrow.

Other than that, not much to report - I do think that young Matsuzaka looks a good prospect, and we looked more lively in the second half. Brentwood were the better team for much of the match, but we did have a couple of good breaks.

Anyway, enough of this football nonsense, the real news of the day is that Anthony Costa, who my mate reliably informs me was in some sort of beat combo called 'Blue' was at the game for some reason. No doubt if there had been a lot of ladies there, we would have witnessed much swooning.

Biggest chuckle of the game was the young lads behind our goal in the first half loudly asking our keeper - "Are you Daniel Bentley?"

In any event, as you can drink on the terrace (which I clearly did a lot of) and the players say 'thanks mate' when you throw them the ball, I'm now off to support Brentwood Town FC. Dean Holdsworth's let himself go a bit though.

Thought of the day - my mate's daughter said "Why don't they make football stadiums with glass roofs so that people can stand on top and watch the game from up there?"

Back