• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Yorkshire Blue

Super Moderator⭐
Staff member
During the referendum campaign I was guilty of talking down the benefits of Brexit down.

In particular I was highly sceptical of the health advantages that this would bring despite this seemingly being a huge part of the Leave campaign (see picture of leading Government minister in front of a bus below, seemingly either hailing a cab or perhaps heiling Nigel Farage)

60add4d6-908c-430c-bb62-9d23b5ff71e1-large_trans++D3d2dmOlWYuQkR76XZjLQKOylOV7i1cNNz18XOj47vE.jpg

I also suggested that an inevitable consequence would be inflation.

Clearly I was wrong. Prices didn't have to rise: instead portions sizes could be cut to healthier amounts!

113178529-toblerone-NEWS-large_trans++RnECISyb8gVvBrhJ2UwE8Gg0TJpuNJgIas2KgYggLBI.jpg

So next time you sit down to eat a Toblerone, remember how voting Brexit will have made us all healthier by cutting your portion size and let's hear no more talking Britain down! Even the Indians now want freedom of movement to the healthier, freer UK now!

During the referendum campaign I was guilty of talking down the benefits of Brexit down.

In particular I was highly sceptical of the health advantages that this would bring despite this seemingly being a huge part of the Leave campaign (see picture of leading Government minister in front of a bus below, seemingly either hailing a cab or perhaps heiling Nigel Farage)

60add4d6-908c-430c-bb62-9d23b5ff71e1-large_trans++D3d2dmOlWYuQkR76XZjLQKOylOV7i1cNNz18XOj47vE.jpg

Clearly I was wrong. Prices didn't have to rise: instead portions sizes could be cut to healthier amounts!

113178529-toblerone-NEWS-large_trans++RnECISyb8gVvBrhJ2UwE8Gg0TJpuNJgIas2KgYggLBI.jpg

So next time you sit down to eat a Toblerone, remember how voting Brexit will have made us all healthier by cutting your portion size and let's hear no more talking Britain down! Even the Indians now want freedom of movement to the healthier, freer UK now!

This,in fact,gives an early indication of the sort of deals that the UK will have to make, both with countries (India etc) and multinationals (eg Nissan), in order to attract inward investment after we sacrifice our usp as the main English speaking country in the EU's single market of 500 million people

This,in fact,gives an early indication of the sort of deals that the UK will have to make, both with countries (India etc) and multinationals (eg Nissan), in order to attract inward investment after we sacrifice our usp as the only English speaking country in the EU's single market of 500 million people

Has Ireland already left?

Will make sorting out the Northern Ireland border that much easier.

Has Ireland already left?

Will make sorting out the Northern Ireland border that much easier.

Doh.:facepalm:Good point.I've since amended the text to "main" which is what I, fairly obviously, meant to say.

Already there's been some press comment to the effect that Dublin will be a possible HQ relocation point for some London based companies.

Last edited:
The Toblerone was invented by Theodore Tobler in 1908. The triangles represent the Italian Alps.

The name comes from Mr. Tobler and "one" which is a corruption of the italian word for honey.

Hence "Toblerone".

Kudos to Yorkie for admitting he has got he has got it wrong.

I suspect however no one thought that going on for 6 months in, the real consequence so far.. is that a bar of chocolate has just become smaller.

After all he was persuaded to vote remain something he now clearly regrets, in fairness however he may have been guided by the remain sides predictions of World war 3 breaking out, the end of western civilization, Emergency budgets and an immediate recession, and of course the dangerous fantasy held by the leave side that the EU would want a European Army.

I suspect however no one thought that going on for 6 months in, the real consequence so far.. is that a bar of chocolate has just become smaller.

After all he was persuaded to vote remain something he now clearly regrets, in fairness however he may have been guided by the remain sides predictions of World war 3 breaking out, the end of western civilization, Emergency budgets and an immediate recession, and of course the dangerous fantasy held by the leave side that the EU would want a European Army.

And you forgot predictions of Article 50 being immediately invoked.

Although with reports of racially motivated offences up (and even the Royal Family having to intervene and call out the "racial undertones") and the Daily Mail calling for the abolition of the rule of law - the breakdown of civilisation might not be so inaccurate.

And you forgot predictions of Article 50 being immediately invoked.

Although with reports of racially motivated offences up (and even the Royal Family having to intervene and call out the "racial undertones") and the Daily Mail calling for the abolition of the rule of law - the breakdown of civilisation might not be so inaccurate.

Actually what I forgot was the millions of jobs that would be lost as car manufacturers left the UK in their droves...

Oh good, a tongue in cheek thread based on an untrue assumption.... Don't get too many of these on SZ....

Been going on for year's,nothing to do with Europe or us just greedy companies wanting more money.

Is Yorkie suggesting that there are health benefits from smaller treat bars of chocolate and thus Brexit IS contributing positively towards the nation's health.
Other types of confectionery are also available in a variety of sizes but gobstoppers are only now small or medium with large only in the US of A and parts of eastern Europe outside of EU H&S guidelines.

Is Yorkie suggesting that there are health benefits from smaller treat bars of chocolate and thus Brexit IS contributing positively towards the nation's health.
Other types of confectionery are also available in a variety of sizes but gobstoppers are only now small or medium with large only in the US of A and parts of eastern Europe outside of EU H&S guidelines.

I suspect that is exactly what our good mate means, whilst illustrating the potential savings the NHS could make because of it.

Which in the long run will be paid back one way or another. Higher taxes, lower spending?

Inflation's already set to rise by up to 4% by the end of 2017 in the UK,so consumer spending will have to be cut, unless wage increases go up at the same rate as prices.Unlikely,IMO.

Higher taxes are always a possibility.But will that generate sufficient revenue?We'll have to wait and see.

Back