• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Brexit negotiations thread

That may be your perspective from Dubai but I'm not sure it's a realistic one in today's inter-related world.

I don't live in Dubai but where I live has precisely nothing to do with this. It will all be absolutely fine because of today's "inter-related world". There's a lot of drama queenery on this thread.....

Unlikely as it may still be, the Observer and the Independent are united in the need for a second referendum as the only way of resolving the present impasse.

https://www.theguardian.com/comment...voters-chance-to-deliver-verdict-brexit-terms

The questions asked could be quite simple and something like below, with either of two options that arise.

1. I agree to Brexit on the terms negotiated by the government / I prefer to stay in the EU.
2. I agree to leave the EU with no deal / I prefer to stay in the EU

I don't live in Dubai but where I live has precisely nothing to do with this. It will all be absolutely fine because of today's "inter-related world". There's a lot of drama queenery on this thread.....

OK.Bahrain then,sorry.In any case,I would guess that you have the necessary professional skills, to survive and prosper in this" inter-related word." Unfortunately, many of those who voted Leave in the referendum do not.It is,I fear,precisely those people who are mostly likely to suffer from a hard or no-deal Brexit.

Last edited:
I saw two reports in the Guardian, both nicely tied to each other. Stop giving priority immigration status to EU nationals, but allow Americans free movement. Allow American companies to bid to run parts of the NHS.

Remember that bus. It was a massive, massive lie.

I saw two reports in the Guardian, both nicely tied to each other. Stop giving priority immigration status to EU nationals, but allow Americans free movement. Allow American companies to bid to run parts of the NHS.

Remember that bus. It was a massive, massive lie.

The immigration stuff came from the Migration Advisory Committee. This is a small group of experts entirely independent of government, who give impartial advice to the government of the day, which said government can choose to accept in full, in part or not at all. Hardly appropriate to link any advice they give to any position of Vote Leave therefore but hey let’s not let facts get in the way of a good story!

I haven’t read the bit about privatising the NHS, but that is a record so broken by the labour supporting, remain-obsessed Graun that I have limited faith in its completeness, accuracy or impartiality.

Unlikely as it may still be, the Observer and the Independent are united in the need for a second referendum as the only way of resolving the present impasse.

https://www.theguardian.com/comment...voters-chance-to-deliver-verdict-brexit-terms

The questions asked could be quite simple and something like below, with either of two options that arise.

1. I agree to Brexit on the terms negotiated by the government / I prefer to stay in the EU.
2. I agree to leave the EU with no deal / I prefer to stay in the EU

We had the vote to leave in 2016 and the answer was leave. We don't need that question again. I don't think there should be another referendum, especially if there is a tick box for remain. The only question should be either agree to deal or so called no deal. If that was the question it might even focus parliament, if that is even possible, to get a better deal than Chequers out of the EU. If there is a remain choice then the fear histrionics will ramp up even further at the instigation of the pro EU parliament.
There is good news on the horizon with Davis, Farage and other prominent brexiteers starting a countrywide tour this weekend to try and counteract the remainers fear mongering.

OK.Bahrain then,sorry.In any case,I would guess that you have the necessary professional skills, to survive and prosper in this" inter-related word." Unfortunately, many of those who voted Leave in the referendum do not.It is,I fear,precisely those people who are mostly likely to suffer from a hard or no-deal Brexit.

How patronising.
I assume you mean the uneducated swivel eyed loons often referred to by even supposedly educated mp's. If I remember correctly even Cameron said something very similar.

There is good news on the horizon with Davis, Farage and other prominent brexiteers starting a countrywide tour this weekend to try and counteract the remainers fear mongering.

Good news indeed. Those bottles of rancid **** won't throw themselves.

These bottles were and are speaking for, at the last count, 17.4 million people which happened to be more than the opposition.

Many of those 17.4 million voted in the belief of a number of promises made by leave campaigners. (negotiations would be easy; we'd end up with the same or similar benefits we have at the moment; the money saved on EU could be spent on the NHS etc etc) Unfortunately, these have proved a tissue of lies. This is nothing like the British people were promised and there is evidence that a number who voted leave are now regretting their decision.
Let's deal with those, like yourself, who still strongly believe in Brexit. It seems to me that that two possibilities are emerging. Firstly, in order to get a deal, May is going to have to bend far more on her Chequer's position, meaning, in brief, that the true believers of a 'real' Brexit are going to be shafted. Secondly, no deal will be reached and we will crash out, with all the consequences we are now being made aware of. (would parliament accept that anyway???) I don't know where you would stand in those circumstances ..........perhaps you have another solution?

Nobody voted leave on any of the promises. We voted leave because we already knew the reasons why and there wasn’t a single politician, including the failures in Brussels or the biased media driven campaign that would change that.
If you actually lived and worked in Britain you would know that many who voted remain realise they were the ones that were conned and would now vote leave. When you add the many people who did not vote but would now vote leave....For the very reason of how the EU have behaved since...you would know why they want to avoid a second referendum.
In the mean time project fear phase 3 may fool those that have no right to vote anyway but for the rest of us it’s exactly what we expect.

Nobody voted leave on any of the promises. We voted leave because we already knew the reasons why and there wasn’t a single politician, including the failures in Brussels or the biased media driven campaign that would change that.
If you actually lived and worked in Britain you would know that many who voted remain realise they were that were conned and would now vote leave. When you add the many people who did not vote but would now vote leave....For the very reason of how the EU have behaved since...you would know why they want to avoid a second referendum.
In the mean time project fear phase 3 may fool those that have no right to vote anyway but for the rest of us it’s exactly what we expect.

I stand corrected but the opinion polls I have seen recently don't concur with that view. (Perhaps you can provide me with some proof that would back your claim?) I'm not quite sure how you expected the EU to behave. What exactly do you believe the outcome of Brexit will be and what exactly did you wish for?

If you actually lived and worked in Britain you would know that many who voted remain realise they were the ones that were conned and would now vote leave. When you add the many people who did not vote but would now vote leave....For the very reason of how the EU have behaved since...you would know why they want to avoid a second referendum.

You may have voted for Brexit for whatever reasons you like but isn't it a wee bit presumptuous of you to assume everyone voted leave for the same reasons as yourself. I'm sure there were a number who DID vote Brexit because they believed what they were told. Brexit may mean Brexit but Brexit clearly means different things to different people.

I stand corrected but the opinion polls I have seen recently don't concur with that view. (Perhaps you can provide me with some proof that would back your claim?) I'm not quite sure how you expected the EU to behave. What exactly do you believe the outcome of Brexit will be and what exactly did you wish for?

Would that be the same polls who predicted a comfortable win for remain back in 2016.

The EU is behaving exactly how I thought it would. Europe's failed politicians wont give up that little number without a fight. Even ex MEP's are not allowed to speak out against it because under their rules they can stop a pension. Britain has to fail or the whole thing collapses. So the very last thing they are going to do is look after us. No I don't fear a no deal Brexit and nor do believe the nonsense pedalled about it. Just wait and see how quick the German car manufacturers push through a deal and just like the emergency budget, the fear will be scrubbed from history

As for what I expected, we have had a much better start than most (in or out) would have predicted....Including you if your honest.,,,,, Unemployment at a 43 year low including youth down by a third. Business investment up year on year and wages growing at their fasted rate for a few years.

Meanwhile the EU want to set up a life boat service of some 10,000 staff. That will become a glorified free ferry service for illegal immigrants, Your future is the rise of the extreme right and some European countries in crisis. So a word of advice to a fellow shrimper....The smart people got out of Germany while they could in the 1930's,,,,,History always repeats itself.

Would that be the same polls who predicted a comfortable win for remain back in 2016.

The EU is behaving exactly how I thought it would. Europe's failed politicians wont give up that little number without a fight. Even ex MEP's are not allowed to speak out against it because under their rules they can stop a pension. Britain has to fail or the whole thing collapses. So the very last thing they are going to do is look after us. No I don't fear a no deal Brexit and nor do believe the nonsense pedalled about it. Just wait and see how quick the German car manufacturers push through a deal and just like the emergency budget, the fear will be scrubbed from history

As for what I expected, we have had a much better start than most (in or out) would have predicted....Including you if your honest.,,,,, Unemployment at a 43 year low including youth down by a third. Business investment up year on year and wages growing at their fasted rate for a few years.

Meanwhile the EU want to set up a life boat service of some 10,000 staff. That will become a glorified free ferry service for illegal immigrants, Your future is the rise of the extreme right and some European countries in crisis. So a word of advice to a fellow shrimper....The smart people got out of Germany while they could in the 1930's,,,,,History always repeats itself.

Surely you're not implying that "the smart people" should get out of the UK while they have the chance? Some of us already have. :Winking:

Back