• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Brexit negotiations thread

Raab has unexpectedly rushed off to Brussels this afternoon for what is anticipated to be long meeting with Barnier. Independent reprting that
Ruth Davidson hints she will resign if deal gives Northern Ireland special trading terms with EU
It' all happening..............and very quickly!

Telegraph reports that European Court blocks any investigation into the 3k monthly, tax free, invoice not required, expenses that each and every MEP gets given ON TOP of their salary!!! And no signs of any reformist agenda from EU which could be a game changer if (IF) and 2nd vote wanted some life breath into it.

Remember Labour were 20 points behind the Tories 6 weeks out from polling day last time around.Personally,I think the Tories would be daft to call another GE before 2022 .However,I suppose events might intervene before then.:Winking:
the two main parties have been neck and next since the GE - effectively no voters are changing parties until there is a conclusion on Brexit. If May cuts a deal that is agreeable to the EU and UK Parliaments then Tories will rise in the polls and May will serve a full term. If she doesn't then it'll be a GE and a Labour government sometime before April 2019.
Labour government it is then.

.........and the news keeps coming! Is this what you would call upping the ante?

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...may-david-davis-brexit-deal-mps-a8583731.html

They're not going to force a leadership contest NOW............are they??????????

Doubtful. Probably going to put her to the sword when Brexit crumbles and we crash out. She is going to take the fall here, not the likes of Johnson, Gove, Davis and JRM.

I just hope history judges those four snakes for the scumbags they really are.

the two main parties have been neck and next since the GE - effectively no voters are changing parties until there is a conclusion on Brexit. If May cuts a deal that is agreeable to the EU and UK Parliaments then Tories will rise in the polls and May will serve a full term. If she doesn't then it'll be a GE and a Labour government sometime before April 2019.
Labour government it is then.

When John McDonnell was speaking in London the other day people with Jewish sounding surnames had there tickets cancelled. Another man who still got in was removed for being Jewish.

A spokeswoman said they were aggressive people. I can’t Waite for a Labour victory....I reckon all Jews will have to whear a yellow star.

When John McDonnell was speaking in London the other day people with Jewish sounding surnames had there tickets cancelled. Another man who still got in was removed for being Jewish.

A spokeswoman said they were aggressive people. I can’t Waite for a Labour victory....I reckon all Jews will have to whear a yellow star.
no one was removed for being Jewish, the main people from the Gnasher troll site were denied entry because they are hateful trolls - check out their twitter feed.

Your final sentence is anti-Semitic and the mods may want to remove it rather than leave it on show.

Not sure what that has to do with Brexit, maybe you are just trying to distract from the **** show that is unraveling right now.

no one was removed for being Jewish, the main people from the Gnasher troll site were denied entry because they are hateful trolls - check out their twitter feed.

Your final sentence is anti-Semitic and the mods may want to remove it rather than leave it on show.

Not sure what that has to do with Brexit, maybe you are just trying to distract from the **** show that is unraveling right now.

Your party emailed people on the morning of the event to say their tickets had been cancelled......People with Jewish names.... That’s anti-Semitic

You should deal with that rather than try to silence me.

You claimed Labour would be the next government, I just to remind people why that won’t happen......It has been stolen by people who ban you from events because of your name.

Post your evidence from reliable sources please.

Your party emailed people on the morning of the event to say their tickets had been cancelled......People with Jewish names.... That’s anti-Semitic

You should deal with that rather than try to silence me.

You claimed Labour would be the next government, I just to remind people why that won’t happen......It has been stolen by people who ban you from events because of your name.
clearly you are lying as it was not a Labour Party event

Your ant-Semitic statement is still on show I notice.

Please refrain from some of the sharper barbs people - ‘mistaken’ would be better than ‘lying’ for example :Smile:

On the question of this event Riggers and AS_S, there may be scope for both of you to interpret yourselves as ‘right’, possibly. Which organisation was it who ran the event and sent said cancellations?

clearly you are lying as it was not a Labour Party event

Your ant-Semitic statement is still on show I notice.

Please refrain from some of the sharper barbs people - ‘mistaken’ would be better than ‘lying’ for example :Smile:

On the question of this event Riggers and AS_S, there may be scope for both of you to interpret yourselves as ‘right’, possibly. Which organisation was it who ran the event and sent said cancellations?

John McDonnell was the speaker.... The organisers, Everyone in attendance was hard core Corybyn.... But hey nothing to do with Labour.

Best use a Staw man attack on Rigsby and hope to silence him.

I don’t think anything would be gained or lost if any of us were ‘silenced’. Clearly there are differing perspectives on what is a serious issue - anti-semitism. It’s all a bit murky and I wouldn’t want to say I could be completely clear how endemic it is in any party, but there are concerns about how some events have unfolded through Labour, or in Labour-affiliated events. So it’s worthy of discussion although it’s too much to hope that everyone will eventually agree. No need to get personal with each other about it.

No one has said the event didn’t take place and no one has said some people weren't banned from attending, the reason for them being banned is what has been misrepresented above.

From your link:

Organisers told The Independent that people had been banned because they had "previously misrepresented events, people or facts".

"We have a duty of care to the attendees at the meeting. That means that some people who have a track record of disrupting events in the past had their tickets returned'

Last edited:
Back