• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Brexit negotiations thread

I think the polls were similar to those before the 2016 referendum. Lots of Remainers are obsessed with a 'People's Vote' but there is no guarantee of the outcome of that (I'm a Remainer and spend way more time arguing on twitter with Remainers rather than Leavers). What is a much more likely route to stopping Brexit is May not being able to get an agreeable deal and no deal being rejected by both Parliaments.

I don't think much would change. Both sides are entrenched in their views as we can see on here.

I don't think much would change. Both sides are entrenched in their views as we can see on here.
absolutely, for me that is why Labour policy of allowing May the space to cut a deal is the right one - only when people can see what the deal is does it move from 'project fear' to reality and then they can actually know if what is on offer appeals or not.

Sorry Barna, but the poll was full of holes and as much as I want the madness to end, it was a completely pointless TV show.

I thought it showed how deeply divided the country is still over Brexit.Split right down the middle,in fact.Though the tide would appear to be turning in favour of remain and can only get stronger in future,IMO.Unfortunately, "the madness" is set to continue for a while yet.

Last edited:
Talking about madness, I'm surprised no one has brought this up today.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...lais-dover-economy-finance-deal-a8624036.html

Nicky Morgan tweeted.............“Gulp’ #enoughsaid.” That probably sums it up pretty well. The next thing Mr Raab will surely learn on his 'Brexit learning curve,' is that without being part of the customs union or single market, frictionless trade is unachievable. Anyway, I suppose recognising the importance of the Dover/Calais link is enough for one day!

the news from BBC today is a 'blistering' letter from DUP to May. Apparently there is an issue between what the EU want and what DUP want regards to the Irish border.
That's today - 9th November 2018. Could have been written on any day since June 2016. May has still made no progress.

Well Jo Johnson has quit government over Brexit. His statement is pretty on the money IMO, won't impress his brother though.

Edit: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-46155403

OK his brother is impressed as they are "united in dismay". I was wrong, but can't imagine he'd agree on Jo calling for a peoples vote.

That must be devastating news for May and her chances of getting the deal she is negotiating through parliament. One sentence pretty well sums up my feelings...................“Given that the reality of Brexit has turned out to be so far from what was once promised, the democratic thing to do is to give the public the final say."

Well Jo Johnson has quit government over Brexit. His statement is pretty on the money IMO, won't impress his brother though.

Edit: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-46155403

OK his brother is impressed as they are "united in dismay". I was wrong, but can't imagine he'd agree on Jo calling for a peoples vote.
His moment in the limelight and even the headline has to refer to him as Boris' brother.
More unravelling. Amazed that May is clinging on to it - she didn't want to leave in the first place, now everything else gets shoved aside for something that isn't even workable. Oh well, another nail.

'Arguing Britain was "on the brink of the greatest crisis" since World War Two, he said what was on offer wasn't "anything like what was promised".
Downing Street thanked him for his work but ruled out another referendum.'

His moment in the limelight and even the headline has to refer to him as Boris' brother.
More unravelling. Amazed that May is clinging on to it - she didn't want to leave in the first place, now everything else gets shoved aside for something that isn't even workable. Oh well, another nail.

'Arguing Britain was "on the brink of the greatest crisis" since World War Two, he said what was on offer wasn't "anything like what was promised".
Downing Street thanked him for his work but ruled out another referendum.'

Downing Street can rule out what it wants but the reality is that it could be faced before very long with three alternatives............... 1) a change of Prime Minister 2) A referendum 3) a General Election. We'll see then what May thinks about unpalatable choices.

Downing Street can rule out what it wants but the reality is that it could be faced before very long with three alternatives............... 1) a change of Prime Minister 2) A referendum 3) a General Election. We'll see then what May thinks about unpalatable choices.
U can forget no. 2

Mrs May might be able to make a deal over Brexit with the EU but will she be able to get her own party to swallow it? :Unsure:
It seems to be beyond her to even get her cabinet to agree anything never mind the party. Two wasted years of infighting and is anyone the wiser as to what the government actually wants as a final deal?

This is the biggest political fallout in my lifetime. About time for some other MPs to show some backbone like Jo Johnston.

Nothing new in the BBC report. That was common knowledge at the time.
What else would you expect the CEO of a German firm to say.
Typical BBC and Guardian propaganda.

I imagine (that for you) everything you disagree with with (and there must be a lot over Brexit) is either "propoganda" at best or otherwise fake news?

Last edited:
This is the biggest political fallout in my lifetime. About time for some other MPs to show some backbone like Jo Johnston.

I agree, but I expect my reason that it is due to a culmination of lying to the electorate for decades about the EEC and EU coming to a head,is different to yours.

I imagine (that for you) everything you disagree with with (and there must be a lot over Brexit) is either "propoganda" at best or otherwise Fake news?

You are quite right, but what do you expect when BBC regurgitate months old news, which suits their agenda, and the words of a CEO of a German company.

You are quite right, but what do you expect when BBC regurgitate months old news, which suits their agenda, and the words of a CEO of a German company.
Obviously as the 'CEO of a German company' he is one of those dreadful foreigners whose words can be dismissed as propaganda. Everything will be fine when we've pulled up the drawbridge and got our blue passports.

Back