• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Brexit negotiations thread

You’re quite right, we did vote to leave but there should be no reason to need to ‘ask’ for anything. If the EU were grown ups, who were not obsessed with being the Hotel California, they could quite easily have expressed surprise and disappointment but then negotiated a proper transition and future trading relationship. That’s in everyone’s interest and if the EU respected democracy they would understand that we voted to leave.

You may say there is no reason for them to do that - I’d say there is no good reason for them NOT to do it. The rules about leaving, everyone accepts, were to make it hard to leave (you can never leave, as the song goes). Those were political choices and it is within everyone’s capability to make other ones.

You (and other leavers) don't seem to have realised that the EU has always held the best cards in this particular high stakes poker game from the beginning.

Last edited:
It's an analogy,that's all.Quite frankly, I'm not at all sure there was any particular point in your post at all.

So you did miss it, I thought so :Smile:

I thought I’d made it quite clear that the whole ‘computer says no’, ‘you can never leave’, ‘what’s that you think? The answer is no’.... approach that we’ve had a belly full of. Our politicians are **** but at least they are ours and we do have a chance every so often to kick them out.

When remainers go blind in one eye, they really go blind in one eye. No opportunity is wasted to criticise British politicians - but such obviously obscene and undemocratic shenanigans by Brussels because we had the temerity to vote to leave is perfectly ok and understandable. It’s not understandable; it’s unbelievable!

So you did miss it, I thought so :Smile:

I thought I’d made it quite clear that the whole ‘computer says no’, ‘you can never leave’, ‘what’s that you think? The answer is no’.... approach that we’ve had a belly full of. Our politicians are **** but at least they are ours and we do have a chance every so often to kick them out.

When remainers go blind in one eye, they really go blind in one eye. No opportunity is wasted to criticise British politicians - but such obviously obscene and undemocratic shenanigans by Brussels because we had the temerity to vote to leave is perfectly ok and understandable. It’s not understandable; it’s unbelievable!

Remember that "In the country of the blind the one-eyed man is King." :Winking:

Well, she really doesn't give up, does she! Against apparently overwhelming odds she is going to play her two jokers in a desperate bid to turn the tide. Addressing the CBI this morning, it sounds as if they will come onside (anything to avoid a no deal). They will then be requested to lean on their local MP's to back May's deal. Sounds a good strategy but I doubt even that will remove the DUP's opposition and enough hard-nut Brexiters to make a difference. Her second joker will be coming back from Europe with the promise of a, fleshed out, future relationship with the EU that is too good to refuse.
Meanwhile back in London, will Theresa May faces an embarrassing defeat, in parliament, over plans to force her into publishing data comparing Britain’s economic prospects under her Brexit deal to staying in the EU? The clock is still clicking but apparently there is (according to him) enough time for 'SuperCorbyn to win a General Election, go to Brussels, renogotiate a wonder deal (which May was incapable of)..............and get back in time for Christmas??? :Smile:
Additionally, lest we've forgotten, have we got to the magic number, 48? The suspense continues.

Well, she really doesn't give up, does she! Against apparently overwhelming odds she is going to play her two jokers in a desperate bid to turn the tide. Addressing the CBI this morning, it sounds as if they will come onside (anything to avoid a no deal). They will then be requested to lean on their local MP's to back May's deal. Sounds a good strategy but I doubt even that will remove the DUP's opposition and enough hard-nut Brexiters to make a difference. Her second joker will be coming back from Europe with the promise of a, fleshed out, future relationship with the EU that is too good to refuse.
Meanwhile back in London, will Theresa May faces an embarrassing defeat, in parliament, over plans to force her into publishing data comparing Britain’s economic prospects under her Brexit deal to staying in the EU? The clock is still clicking but apparently there is (according to him) enough time for 'SuperCorbyn to win a General Election, go to Brussels, renogotiate a wonder deal (which May was incapable of)..............and get back in time for Christmas???:Smile:
Additionally, lest we've forgotten, have we got to the magic number, 48? The suspense continues.

Rather odd that she's not due to address the TUC as well, I'd have thought.

Don't think the magic 48 will be reached even today.Clearly the ERG are all bluster.

I'll ignore the JC remark,if you don't mind. :Winking:

MayBot:

It will no longer be the case that EU nationals, regardless of the skills or experience they have to offer, can jump the queue ahead of engineers from Sydney or software developers from Delhi. Instead of a system based on where a person is from, we will have one that is built around the talents and skills a person has to offer.

That my friends, is what's known as a lie. It's ridiculous to think that George from Romania can take a job over Dave from Australia if George is ****e, and Dave is a genius just because George is from the EU.

MayBot:

It will no longer be the case that EU nationals, regardless of the skills or experience they have to offer, can jump the queue ahead of engineers from Sydney or software developers from Delhi. Instead of a system based on where a person is from, we will have one that is built around the talents and skills a person has to offer.

That my friends, is what's known as a lie. It's ridiculous to think that George from Romania can take a job over Dave from Australia if George is ****e, and Dave is a genius just because George is from the EU.
The sort of anti EU sentiments that the Brexiteers will lap up. Playing to the gallery again instead of serious engagement with the issues. She demeans her office once again, she shows that trying to keep her rotten party together is more important than the national interest.

she shows that trying to keep her rotten party together is more important than the national interest.

Yep definitely this.

The fact is, Corbyn is on the cusp of power. I feel that if he nailed his colours to the mast publicly & said Labour would reverse the Brexit decision, or at least offer the people a second vote/final say, then he would probably storm a general election (if a GE could be forced)

May knows this. She’s got to. She knows that the most important thing, is to keep the blue side in control of the country, at any costs.

And it seems the only way she can do that, is by forcing this Brexit deal through, even if nobody else (herself included) wants it.

Last edited:
The Brexit deal won't get through GBJ. I predict that it'll be roundly defeated by quite a large margin and what happens then is anyone's guess. I'd imagine May will have to then stand down.

The Brexit deal won't get through GBJ. I predict that it'll be roundly defeated by quite a large margin and what happens then is anyone's guess. I'd imagine May will have to then stand down.

In these present crazy times I don't know whether I'd bet on anything. There is going to be ENORMOUS pressure on individual MP's over the coming weeks. The only thing I'd be certain about is that the DUP will vote against. It is difficult to see even a whittled down group of Brexiters supporting it, so that leaves us with Labour Brexiter's who could break ranks. Fascinating times............but I'd still rather see the drama as a TV fiction than real life.

Meanwhile back in London, will Theresa May faces an embarrassing defeat, in parliament, over plans to force her into publishing data comparing Britain’s economic prospects under her Brexit deal to staying in the EU? The clock is still clicking but apparently there is (according to him) enough time for 'SuperCorbyn to win a General Election, go to Brussels, renogotiate a wonder deal (which May was incapable of)..............and get back in time for Christmas??? :Smile:
Yep definitely this.

The fact is, Corbyn is on the cusp of power. I feel that if he nailed his colours to the mast publicly & said Labour would reverse the Brexit decision, or at least offer the people a second vote/final say, then he would probably storm a general election (if a GE could be forced)

May knows this. She’s got to. She knows that the most important thing, is to keep the blue side in control of the country, at any costs.

And it seems the only way she can do that, is by forcing this Brexit deal through, even if nobody else (herself included) wants it.
Please please please please ,no more of this trash to read ,

Back