• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Brexit negotiations thread

Right, back on subject.

Bombadier have been hit with a 220% tariff level by the US after allegedly receiving unfair subs from UKG.

A great example of protectionism from the States there. But, as we don't have a trade agreement, that is all fair and dandy and within the legal boundaries. The US of course being a country Fox and co want some kind of deal with....... you think negotiating with the EU is difficult.

Right, back on subject.

Bombadier have been hit with a 220% tariff level by the US after allegedly receiving unfair subs from UKG.

A great example of protectionism from the States there. But, as we don't have a trade agreement, that is all fair and dandy and within the legal boundaries. The US of course being a country Fox and co want some kind of deal with....... you think negotiating with the EU is difficult.

I saw that as well. It was apparently requested by Boeing even though they don't make a aeroplane in that class.

It does not bode well for a future agreement with the US if they are so willing to slap tariffs on our goods.

Ah! Sounds as though the Conservative Party Conference could be interesting.................

https://www.theguardian.com/politic...ressure-on-may-with-fresh-brexit-intervention

............I have my doubts they'll be able to sweep the Brexit issue under the carpet as the Labour Party Conference managed to do. For once I think I'll take an interest in the events from Manchester...........there could be blood! With Ruth Davidson pulling on one of May's arms and Boris Johnson pulling on the other, surely something's got to give.:smile:

"MAY WINNING BREXIT BATTLE"
Well, that's according to the Daily Express, in an article concerning May's drive for a post-Brexit trade deal with the EU. She (May) claimed that "momentum was building behind her." (surely a rather unfortunate phrase) Observing the present UK political scene, I don't think she's ever said a truer word.........although not quite in the sense she meant it!
1f603.png

"MAY WINNING BREXIT BATTLE"
Well, that's according to the Daily Express, in an article concerning May's drive for a post-Brexit trade deal with the EU. She (May) claimed that "momentum was building behind her." (surely a rather unfortunate phrase) Observing the present UK political scene, I don't think she's ever said a truer word.........although not quite in the sense she meant it!
1f603.png

The Daily Express, really? They run three stories, Brexit, weather predictions and false hope diabetes cures. Not worth the paper its printed on.

The fall in the Euro and the rising cost of fuel not a factor?

I understand the £ has fallen against the $, and that has put up fuel prices. What has the Euro done against the $ then?

Has there been a crisis or economic happening since the Brexit vote which hasn't been blamed on the outcome of that vote?

So, after all the words in Florence and Westminster, where exactly are we? ..............in my opinion, up a cul-de-sac with no way out, apart from crashing the car through the wall and over the cliff. May accepts the jurisdiction of the ECJ 'for the transitional period' and accepts that transitional period may last longer than two years. Well hoo bloody rah! apart from for home 'political' consumption who gives a sod about that. Where is the solution to the divorce settlement? the status of EU citizens in the UK and UK citizens in the EU post-Brexit? and the solving of the Irish problem? Even when and certainly IF that is arranged, what future relationship with the EU? The EU appears to be having difficulty understanding what relationship the UK seeks but worse than that the government have even less idea how to configure an agreement which (and this of course is the most important thing for the government) will avoid splitting the Tory Party apart.............mission impossible. No matter how creative and imaginative one would want to be, a good deal and being totally independent from the EU is a contradiction in terms. One that neither May, nor any other Tory leader will be capable of brokering.

Back