• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Brexit negotiations thread

I bought my first house with a £3,000 deposit, if my kids wanted to buy that same house they'd need a £50,000 deposit and my eldest is only 4 years younger than I was when I was a property owner. They have been ****ed over pure and simple, it's nothing to do with trainers and Starbucks - that is an extremely obvious lie designed to make their generation blame themselves for being ****ed over

I bought my one-bedroom flat (£40K) with no deposit and a 100% mortgage. The same flat is now "worth" £350K.

I bought my first house with a £3,000 deposit, if my kids wanted to buy that same house they'd need a £50,000 deposit and my eldest is only 4 years younger than I was when I was a property owner. They have been ****ed over pure and simple, it's nothing to do with trainers and Starbucks - that is an extremely obvious lie designed to make their generation blame themselves for being ****ed over

That's why we voted for Brexit.

JC understands why, its real shame some of you wont support it in fact you selfishly want it to fail to prove your own beliefs.
If we want Brexit to fail its wanting our own children to fail. Tony Benn would turn in his grave.

That's why we voted for Brexit.

JC understands why, its real shame some of you wont support it in fact you selfishly want it to fail to prove your own beliefs.
If we want Brexit to fail its wanting our own children to fail. Tony Benn would turn in his grave.

Brexit is a massive mistake,which will just implode.Fortunately my own (young adult) children won't be affected by it.

I've read that house prices are unlikely to be overtly affected by Brexit - this is the Tory mantra of house ownership. So come 2019, if you think that a 2 bedroom semi is suddenly going to become affordable to a 25yr old with a £2K deposit than you're sadly deluded.

However it may affected that 25yr old being in employment - which pushes the dream of house ownership even further out the hands of that 25yr old.

Brexit is a massive mistake,which will just implode.Fortunately my own (young adult)
children won't be affected by it.

Fortunately our children wont have to pay for your children any more. Especially when the EU implodes and the Spanish refuse to pay their bill as usual.

I've read that house prices are unlikely to be overtly affected by Brexit - this is the Tory mantra of house ownership. So come 2019, if you think that a 2 bedroom semi is suddenly going to become affordable to a 25yr old with a £2K deposit than you're sadly deluded.

However it may affected that 25yr old being in employment - which pushes the dream of house ownership even further out the hands of that 25yr old.
this is the crazy thing - it's always been believed that homeowners vote Tory - that was the thinking behind Right To Buy. But not enabling a new generation of homeowners they are not creating new Tory voters.

Fortunately our children wont have to pay for your children any more. Especially when the EU implodes and the Spanish refuse to pay their bill as usual.

Actually,they already are paying for me at least and presumably will continue to do so for a while yet,since I've been in receipt of a small but reasonably generous UK pension, ever since I retired.
FYI,neither of our daughters receive any financial support from the British state,nor have they ever,as far as I'm aware. Pip,pip! :smiles:

What about it?

It needs sorting.If it isn't,we'll crash out of the EU on WTO terms.It's a deal breaker.

It needs sorting.If it isn't,we'll crash out of the EU on WTO terms.It's a deal breaker.

I agree it needs sorting and it can be.

Have you considered the implications of the UK going to full WTO ,for the Irish economy, notwithstanding the impact of on the relationship between the UK and Irish governments should a deal not be reached.

Interventions by Lars Karlsson and the 'Max fac' option being back on the table hopefully will give a satisfactory conclusion to all sides rather than some of the nonsense spouted so far.

Not seen it yet - Wednesday evening viewing for me - but neutral media are declaring that Corbyn wiped the floor with May at PMQs today and much of it was Brexit plans related.

I watched it and think that Corbyn changed his style slightly, which went in his favour making May look more awkward and uncomfortable than she normally does.

I agree it needs sorting and it can be.

Have you considered the implications of the UK going to full WTO ,for the Irish economy, notwithstanding the impact of on the relationship between the UK and Irish governments should a deal not be reached.

Interventions by Lars Karlsson and the 'Max fac' option being back on the table hopefully will give a satisfactory conclusion to all sides rather than some of the nonsense spouted so far.

No but as I understand, it both of Mrs May's Mansion House options for an alternative to the customs union have already been rejected by the EU,leaving only the agreed but unwanted "fallback" option on the table,atm.

Not seen it yet - Wednesday evening viewing for me - but neutral media are declaring that Corbyn wiped the floor with May at PMQs today and much of it was Brexit plans related.

I watched it and think that Corbyn changed his style slightly, which went in his favour making May look more awkward and uncomfortable than she normally does.

Also saw PMQs.Thought Corbyn did well to focus on the open goal that Bojo (and the Lord's vote yesterday) which has opened up for Labour, with Tory right-wingers clearly not willing to accept any talk of a customs union.

No but as I understand, it both of Mrs May's Mansion House options for an alternative to the customs union have already been rejected by the EU,leaving only the agreed but unwanted "fallback" option on the table,atm.

Also saw PMQs.Thought Corbyn did well to focus on the open goal that Bojo (and the Lord's vote yesterday) which has opened up for Labour, with Tory right-wingers clearly not willing to accept any talk of a customs union.

Not quite, albeit the Media and high profile figures both at the EU and UK are making political capital over what is contained in the draft but not yet signed off.

A technological solution to the border could certainly provide workable outcomes, alongside small trader allowances and just in time logistics pre clearance etc and would certainly be a far better option than the other UK position of a customs partnership, which I don't see from the EU's point of view being workable.

I think there must be a risk of Theresa May self imploding firstly. Can anyone see a way out of this for her over the customs union?

Just tell the Germans they wont be selling any cars in Britian. The EU will fold in 24hours, that's the power any customer has who spends nearly £100b per year more in the EU shop than they do in ours.

Actually,they already are paying for me at least and presumably will continue to do so for a while yet,since I've been in receipt of a small but reasonably generous UK pension, ever since I retired.
FYI,neither of our daughters receive any financial support from the British state,nor have they ever,as far as I'm aware. Pip,pip! :smiles:

You don't seem to understand how the EU works. The real workers are all in the North, they have had to work more hours so that the workers around the Med can spend more time on the beach.

In fact here in Britain you can no longer have an 'ordinary' job or even a career in the public sector if you want some basic human rights like a roof over your head. Now here's where it gets really silly....There are some people in high places who believe that rather than pay a fair wage or taxes on their colossal profits to fund the public sector its much easier to drain the East of the EU of all their young workers. That only makes them angry in the East so watch this space. They will even encourage mass illegal migration from places like Africa to have as many workers as possible fighting over less and less jobs.

The problem is that sends wages down and house prices/rent up. Which as you know are the main financial things that greatly effect the working class. Not to mention all pressure on the other services like health, education and the huge increase in infrastructure that requires.

Now here is the real daft bit. There are some people in Britain called remainers and they think if you have a leak in your roof the best thing to do is buy more and more buckets. The majority are called Brexitiers they know the solution is to fix the roof in the first place, then clear up the mess because that way we can all live in the house happily ever after.

You don't seem to understand how the EU works. The real workers are all in the North, they have had to work more hours so that the workers around the Med can spend more time on the beach.

In fact here in Britain you can no longer have an 'ordinary' job or even a career in the public sector if you want some basic human rights like a roof over your head. Now here's where it gets really silly....There are some people in high places who believe that rather than pay a fair wage or taxes on their colossal profits to fund the public sector its much easier to drain the East of the EU of all their young workers. That only makes them angry in the East so watch this space. They will even encourage mass illegal migration from places like Africa to have as many workers as possible fighting over less and less jobs.

The problem is that sends wages down and house prices/rent up. Which as you know are the main financial things that greatly effect the working class. Not to mention all pressure on the other services like health, education and the huge increase in infrastructure that requires.

Now here is the real daft bit. There are some people in Britain called remainers and they think if you have a leak in your roof the best thing to do is buy more and more buckets. The majority are called Brexitiers they know the solution is to fix the roof in the first place, then clear up the mess because that way we can all live in the house happily ever after.
it's like watching Farage on Question Time - no matter what the question is the answer is 'the EU'.

Amused me when UKIP retain 3 seats in the local elections and someone ask if one of them was their seat on Question Time.

Not quite, albeit the Media and high profile figures both at the EU and UK are making political capital over what is contained in the draft but not yet signed off.

A technological solution to the border could certainly provide workable outcomes, alongside small trader allowances and just in time logistics pre clearance etc and would certainly be a far better option than the other UK position of a customs partnership, which I don't see from the EU's point of view being workable.

As I understand it,this has already been rejected,albeit unofficially by the EU and also Ireland (which could of course block any deal presented to the EU for ratification).

I see you're moving the goalposts again.
Just to keep it simple,are you talking about "the North " of the UK in particular or Europe in general ? If it's the former then,as I'm sure you're aware, post-Thatcher, a lot fewer people work in the North in manufacturing jobs than before.If it's the latter, then (unless you're talking exclusively about the Scandinavian countries +Germany etc) then even Southern countries like Spain or Italy have a Northern region.In Spain that comprises Catalonia and the Basque Country,which comprise 2 out of 3 of the greatest wealth producing regions in the country.The other, of course, is Madrid,which happens to be in the geographical centre of the country, rather than in the south,as such.

Your comments about the difference between remainers and leavers are,of course,merely childish.Interestingly, the analogy comes from George Osborne when he was Tory chancellor.Not suprisingly perhaps,as 2 out of 3 former UKIP voters apparently returned to the Tories last week.Good riddance.

Back