• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

McNasty

A source close to the club has stated the Commercial man and whipper-up of the crowd on match-day. Brian Wheeler has left the club.

A very strange decision as Brian and his wife moved back to England from Cyprus, at the club's insistence, to work full time only a few weeks ago.

With the above scenario it can only be assumed Brian had his employment terminated, perhaps his job was made difficult by the Chairman's dealings with numerous business people in the town restricting sponsorship investment in the club.

Wow! What a shock, was only speaking to him when I had a box and he was really happy. Such a huge loss as he is a very dedicated man to the club and always worked hard. Good luck to him in whatever he goes onto.

His job was like trying to ride a bike up Mount Everest..No surprise and a shame for the man.

Im surprised Kavanagh is still here to be honest. The man must be made of steel.

Best of luck to Brian though a good man.

Our staff turnover rate is shocking!

Im surprised Kavanagh is still here to be honest. The man must be made of steel.

clock.jpg

Smiffy you only seem to post on bad news now. This is such a shame, you were always one of our more positive posters.
(This is not a pop at you by the way). Just feel sorry you can't enjoy whats going on on the pitch, rather than getting bogged down with all the other stuff.

Just feel sorry you can't enjoy whats going on on the pitch, rather than getting bogged down with all the other stuff.

Sadly I fear that the 'other stuff' will eventually undue all the 'great stuff' done by Luggy and the players on the pitch

:sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad:

Sadly I fear that the 'other stuff' will eventually undue all the 'great stuff' done by Luggy and the players on the pitch

:sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad:

Maybe maybe not, but in the meantime i'm gonna enjoy my football as i have always done. (maybe sometimes not being in the know could be a good thing).

Guys and Gals, what may help us all is if we actually don't comment until we actually know for certain what has happened and the reasons why. Please?

Guys and Gals, what may help us all is if we actually don't comment until we actually know for certain what has happened and the reasons why. Please?

Mark, what would you like to know ? My source would be able to find out from the man.

Mark, what would you like to know ? My source would be able to find out from the man.

Don't we want to all know the actual reason he has gone or do we just assume that any time anyone leaves the club it's Ron's fault?

If he can tell us Ken, great. He may not be able to of course and I'm guessing that's the case.

I am sure it is a cost cutting exercise if BW was unable to bring in enough sponsorship and commercial investors in the time he has been back.

I am sure Brian used all of his marketing skills to get monies into the club, especially as the commercial sales were much larger when he was here previously compared to when he went to live abroad. Obviously someone at the top wanted more money in, the quicker the better and were not prepared to give Brian enough time to succeed.

Smiffy you only seem to post on bad news now. This is such a shame, you were always one of our more positive posters.
(This is not a pop at you by the way). Just feel sorry you can't enjoy whats going on on the pitch, rather than getting bogged down with all the other stuff.

Fair comment. Unfortunately it sums up where I am with regards to my club at present. Like Tampa has mentioned, my fear is all these little bits of bad news we keep hearing (and some we dont), will eventually undermine all the good work being done on the pitch. Fingers crossed it doesn't.

Back