• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Smiffy you only seem to post on bad news now. This is such a shame, you were always one of our more positive posters.
(This is not a pop at you by the way). Just feel sorry you can't enjoy whats going on on the pitch, rather than getting bogged down with all the other stuff.

I think there is every reason to keep up with news off the field to do with the club. Especially as has already been seen when people are paying their hard earned cash to watch a team for entertainment which performances could be effected by off the field issues (good & bad).

Sadly most of the news off the pitch in the last few years from the club has been negative or a false promises. Id love some positive true news to come out of the club. On a positive note i will say it seems that SK is doing a good in such a short time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Fair comment. Unfortunately it sums up where I am with regards to my club at present. Like Tampa has mentioned, my fear is all these little bits of bad news we keep hearing (and some we dont), will eventually undermine all the good work being done on the pitch. Fingers crossed it doesn't.

Yep fingers crossed. Maybe you should treat yourself to a few beers Friday and go to the game. Have a shout and sing get behind the boys on the pitch and enjoy football for what it is. I know your still a massive fan of this club deep down (some of this stuff is out of our control). I sure you must miss going to the games and i'm also sure others miss you being part of the crowd.

Just thinking about this, you used to be able to win a car at half-time, now it's your height in pizza, perhaps it's not the same life for Brian

Maybe they should do both.

Win a car and as much pizza as you stuff into the boot.

or a car manufacturer could introduce a new model. Citroen Funghi anyone?

Just thinking about this, you used to be able to win a car at half-time, now it's your height in pizza, perhaps it's not the same life for Brian

....and what a joke it all is.... bald alien with zilch personality instead of Brian Wheeler, no car to be won just pizza's...Wiggles instead of Bluebelles, lucky that Sturrock seems bomb proof

....and what a joke it all is.... bald alien with zilch personality instead of Brian Wheeler, no car to be won just pizza's...Wiggles instead of Bluebelles, lucky that Sturrock seems bomb proof

So that's why you've not been posting much recently, I assumed it was just because we were winning!

Now Brian Wheeler has gone , i think the mike for the match day announcements should be given to Elliott Benyon .

Having heard his enthusiasm + love for football on the radio as bbc co - commentator i reckon he would whip Roots Hall into a frenzy! Also he is already employed by the club so saves money & almost always is sitting in or around the dug out area on match days. Each game his final duty would be to announce the number of minutes held up by the 4th official , which is often followed by Elliott coming on for a quick cameo appearance so the duties would not clash. Job done.

Guys and Gals, what may help us all is if we actually don't comment until we actually know for certain what has happened and the reasons why. Please?

Yes guys and girls don't comment on an independant fans forum.........

I will Brian wheeler is a big big loss to SUFC, he was the first time and he will be the second time (is that comment allowed)

Last edited:

I think you may be forgetting the three points that's there to be won tomorrow.

Back