• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Ref Watch .... Brighton away

Mick

Life President
Not sure why I'm giving you this information as, unless you have binoculars with you, you won't be able to see him anyway.

Man in charge of this match is Graham Horwood from Luton, in his 3rd year as a League referee and refereeing his first Southend away game. He has however made four visits to Roots Hall in his short League career and they weren't too bad. The most recent was the final home game of last season against Cheltenham. The other three were Rochdale in the cup and Bournemouth in the League the year before last and Hereford last year). So we have a 100% record with this official, mind you all but one of his red cards have been shown to away players and home advantage counts for more with some officials than others.

He was appointed for the Cheltenham away League Cup tie but changed at the last minute when they cocked up the appointments.

He withdrew from his match last weekend, so there may yet be another change.

Average cards but he has a reputation of being a somewhat fussy referee.

Assisting will be Lee Collins from Surrey and the not-so-admirable Steve Creighton from Berkshire. Fourth official will be Gavin Muge from Totternhoe. Creighton has a reputation as being flag happy and tries to referee matches from the sideline.

Brighton have had 3 red cards and 18 yellows already this year. I can't see 22 little subbuteo men on the pitch come the final whistle.

Personally ref watch is my one of my favourite posts of the week.....

Any ideas why he withdrew last weekend Mick?

Sorry, no idea. Illness or injury is the usual reason. He wasn't at Colchester the week before so we can probably rule out swine flu.

Back