• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Brighton marathon

Any fellow Shrimpers running Brighton Marathon on Sunday?
The training now all done, hotel booked Saturday, now countdown to first marathon at 63 not sure if left it too late in life šŸ˜‚
If anyone running Iā€™m in pink wave and start time 10.16

Best of luck to you.

Brighton was my first marathon too. If the route is the same as 2019, the first half is more ā€œhillierā€ than youā€™d like for a marathon, and the out and back to the power station is an absolute killer.

Enjoy it, and soak it all up.

Manchester Marathon for me later in the month, marathon number 5 for me, so Iā€™m convinced Brighton wonā€™t be first and last šŸ˜‚

Been told the industrial park has been taken out of the run, but under no illusions the new way will be no better

Must admit said never again after Benfleet 15 would I run it, and then 24 hours later when can I rebook

Good luck Manchester as well BW 2

Can honestly say was one of the hardest things I did mate, first 10 miles mostly up hills all the way to Hove, legs went at mile 21 and honestly only my friends in the crowd and spectators got me over the line
Disappointing the time was hoping 4 hours 45 got in at 5 hrs 2 mins, but if honest just happy to see the line on the sea front
Problem is I didnā€™t see a pacer so set off too fast and then saw 4 hr 45 pace but didnā€™t realise there were three or four pacers at that time going at different times so I had caught up 15 mins before I realised and that I think shot me šŸ˜‚
Said never ever again and now looking at Chelmsford marathon in Oct
Would say the training Iā€™ve done helped but I didnā€™t realise how hard it was especially at 63 years old first time marathon Virgin
Good luck Manchester keep us informed on time

That is still a superb time, very well done, and welcome to the 1% club.

It sucks you in doesnā€™t it. Brighton was my first and I said only one. Less than two weeks time and Iā€™m running number 5, but will be having a break from the marathon after this one to concentrate on the half marathon I think. Baby boy number two due in august, and with a 3 year old already, not sure how often Iā€™ll be able to get out for a 14/16/18/20 mile run.

Enjoy a little break, and come back fresh. Youā€™ll get the time youā€™re after no doubt. Itā€™s a PB being your first, so massive congratulations.

That is still a superb time, very well done, and welcome to the 1% club.

It sucks you in doesnā€™t it. Brighton was my first and I said only one. Less than two weeks time and Iā€™m running number 5, but will be having a break from the marathon after this one to concentrate on the half marathon I think. Baby boy number two due in august, and with a 3 year old already, not sure how often Iā€™ll be able to get out for a 14/16/18/20 mile run.

Enjoy a little break, and come back fresh. Youā€™ll get the time youā€™re after no doubt. Itā€™s a PB being your first, so massive congratulations.
Back in the 80's Brighton didn't have a Marathon, & in both 85 & 86 i ran the Worthing Marathon. Both dates were around 20th Sept, & both days we had 'Indian Summer' temps of mid 70's plus, with not a cloud in the sky!.
I lost around 6lbs in sweat on both occasions, but still managed to finish in 3hrs 22mins & 3hrs 25mins!.

Looking at all your times and they are amazing. Iā€™m doing London virtual marathon in a couple of weeks and anything under 7hrs I will be happy with

Back