• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Bring back the North Bank

Surely the easiest answer to kill this once and for all is to pick a match where the away support would be sh*t (e.g. Orient
tounge.gif
) and put them in the Blue seats for the match. Judging by some away games I've been to this COULD be achieved. All those with seaso's in the blue get an automatic upgrade to a box or directors seat for the game.

Open up the North Back and at half-time go around with a clip-board asking two very simple questions: 1) Would you come back regularly ? 2) Would you be prepared to help fund the cost ? (e.g. meet 30-40% of the building costs by fundraising).

I think I could guarantee that most people would realise that the North is now one of the worst places to watch the match in the ground (with the notable exception of the West whenever Leeboy decides to get out of his armchair
biggrin.gif
)

[b said:
Quote[/b] (* ORM * @ Feb. 12 2005,19:52)]I think I could guarantee that most people would realise that the North is now one of the worst places to watch the match in the ground ...
Well, with the exception of the South Lower.

Indeed, when a group of us went back into the North Bank for Steve Tilson's testimonial, it was surprising just how sh1te the view is. It was certainly down to the fact that it used to be terracing and you could move about if you wished. But with seating installed (and compact they have been too), the view is actually extremely poor.

It's certainly not the North Bank most of us remember ...

WS

[b said:
Quote[/b] (BoyWonder2 @ Feb. 12 2005,19:41)]Point being?

The fact is it will cost the Club money to do this. Money that could be better spent on the playing side of things! In theory, we will be in a new shiny stadium soon, so why bother spending money on the current one unless its required.
when has mr martin ever put his hand in his pocket and spent a substantial amount of money on the "playing side of things"
i feel, if there was a better atmosphere which would be generated from the north bank, then more people would come, and a knock on effect would happen and the players would run off the crowd's atmosphere. it is proven that a lively crowd helps players to go that extra mile and find some of that pride and passion in themselves

[b said:
Quote[/b] (CS J @ Feb. 12 2005,20:00)]when has mr martin ever put his hand in his pocket and spent a substantial amount of money on the "playing side of things"
i feel, if there was a better atmosphere which would be generated from the north bank, then more people would come, and a knock on effect would happen and the players would run off the crowd's atmosphere. it is proven that a lively crowd helps players to go that extra mile and find some of that pride and passion in themselves
*** cough ***

Some kid called Eastwood?

WS

but the official figures were never released were they?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (CS J @ Feb. 12 2005,20:00)]... it is proven that a lively crowd helps players to go that extra mile and find some of that pride and passion in themselves
Indeed.

And if the F Block put as much effort into supporting the Shrimpers as they do pathetically and childishly goading the away support, there'd be a fantastic atmosphere at Roots Hall ...

WS

were the official figures for eastwood released?
i though it was an undisclosed figure...

i also heard, that if we sell him on, grays get more than we do...could this also be true?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (CS J @ Feb. 12 2005,20:10)]i also heard, that if we sell him on, grays get more than we do...could this also be true?
I have no idea. But I would suggest that the "undisclosed sum" is certainly a more than just a bit of pocket change ...

WS

well, to be fair, i do not think grays would of asked for more than 30,000 especially if they know that we could sell him on for 3 times that and they get more than we do..

Well, recent signings that have cost the Club a transfer fee include;

Freddy Eastwood
Mark Gower
Mark Bentley
Steven Clark
Mark Rawle
Barrington Belgrave
Tesfaye Bramble

Any more? They were all off the top of my head.

wouldnt it be easier to take the north stand roof off and leave the buggers cold and wet ! after all we get enough uncoverd stands
tounge.gif

There was actually a proposal put forward to create a "barrel ceiling" in the South Lower to try and replicate the noise that came out of the North Bank. I kid ye not ...

WS

laughing out loud,
that would of made it interesting for the south upper???

I think the proposal also worked along the lines that the South Lower be downgraded from seating to terracing as well. IIRC FLA rulings wouldn't have made this possible (i.e. once a stand is made all-seater, it can't revert back to terracing).

WS

wow, we do learn some interesting facts on here, i have to admit...
laughing out loud
i meant that sincerely as well..
thats another qurstion thats come to me now, haven't clubs with terracing like swansea, been given an ultimatem to get seating put it?? i head this somewhere...

Back