• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Bring Back TV

Harold Bishop Killer

Got bummed around Aus

I remember the Saturdays of old (and when I mean old I mean the 90’s). Long gone are the days of Krypton Factor, You Bet, Gladiators (not these current versions!!), Noel’s House Party, Blind Date, Surprise Surprise, Beadles About and Big Break. These made Saturday nights for me as a kid. But what about the Kids morning television? Those were the glory days with Thunder Cats, He Man, Captain Planet, Sharkey And George and Ducktales to name a few. I say bring back these days or at least some of the programming.

What television programme would you love to see back on the air? Out of all these I used to love Noel’s House Party. Bring It Back – Crinkly Bottom and all.

I'd like to bring back the 80s when Corrie and Eastenders were minor 30 minute interruptions a couple of times a week to quality TV. Survival, World in Action, Jacques Cousteau's thingy and BBCs Horizon and Panorma before they went all PC. Sportsnight. The early days of teletext which was the easiest way of keeping up with midweek footie scores.

For entertainment - Minder, the Professionals, the A-Team and for the safe BBC bets the Good Life, Terry and June and Last of the Summer Wine. Also the days when a new film premiering on TV was a mahoosive event. Grange Hill with Tucker, Trisha Yates (had a crush on her) .

prospects. a lot of the 80s stuff you can see on UK Gold and Dave but prospects is something i remember but haven't seen repeated.

I've also forgotten the compulsive viewing of the test card while waiting for something to start in the mornings ! Today's generation really don't appreciate the fact that apart from the odd Open University prog with some hairy geek (and that's just the women) on BBC2. It may be crap but at least there is a wide choice of crap on at 6am now.

Cricko, just how good was Dixon of Dock Green ? :D

my dad tells me when he was younger he used to watch some old films on BBC, when he was allowed to stay up, once finished they would then play the national anthem to close the end of the broadcasting day.

I would like to see the return of:

Tomorrows World
The adventure game
Seaview
The red hand gang

my dad tells me when he was younger he used to watch some old films on BBC, when he was allowed to stay up, once finished they would then play the national anthem to close the end of the broadcasting day.
The BBC used to finish each broadcasting day with the following

Weather
Safety Infomercial
National Anthem
Blank Screen
Beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeepppppp
Static

This only stopped in the 90s when they went 24 hour

Who remembers waking up to either the Beep (was unbelievably annoying) or the Static after falling asleep watching the TV in their bedrooms?

There's a general dearth of decent Childrens TV programmes about these days - when I was off work for a few days a while back, I noticed that it's pretty much the same programming lineup every week, and most of the programmes offered were complete cack. It was never like this back in the 80's :p

There's a general dearth of decent Childrens TV programmes about these days - when I was off work for a few days a while back, I noticed that it's pretty much the same programming lineup every week, and most of the programmes offered were complete cack. It was never like this back in the 80's :p

I watch a few programs with my (nearly) 2 year old.

I think Lazytown is good, Peppa Pig is very good but my favourite is Yo Gabba Gabba.

Lazy Town is dire, if I'm in charge I don't let my daughter watch it, got to be quick flicking through the channels though so she doesn't get a glimpse of it. The opposite applies to SpongeBob SquarePants if the Mrs is in charge.

She's recently found The Mickey Mouse Clubhouse which although I hate Disney stuff with a passion is extremely educational and she also loves Handy Manny which is not bad.

Also can't beat a bit of Nina (mmmm Katrina Bryan) & the Neurons.

Lazy Town is dire, Also can't beat a bit of Nina (mmmm Katrina Bryan) & the Neurons.

Lazy town is an Icelandic creation so may explain the problem. Although the kids do seem to love it.

what is it with BBC CBeebies programming being made mostly in Scotland, i am sure we are going to get a mix of toddlers speaking with an Essex/Scottish accent, not dissimilar to the TFS ;)

Lazy town is an Icelandic creation so may explain the problem. Although the kids do seem to love it.

what is it with BBC CBeebies programming being made mostly in Scotland, i am sure we are going to get a mix of toddlers speaking with an Essex/Scottish accent, not dissimilar to the TFS ;)

The Western Isles of Scotland, that hotbed of racial integration you mean?

But Lazy town is for really for pre-school market, I would never let my toddlers watch something like Power Rangers due to the violence in it.

Of course you wouldn't, and i'm not saying you should, but I just wish that kids tv would apreciate that kids aren't thick (and that they don't appreciate rubbish like teletubbies and tweenies on the tv).

Back