• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Bring back Wignall

Sniffer

Is it just me, or have the team been playing a lot more negatively since Tilly took over. I truly believe it was the wrong decision to sack Wignall. I think that we should of stuck with him, and i am sure we would have been in Division One (and above them losers from Upton park) within 5 years.

I am glad its not only me thinking like that.
This club was on a downward slope when they sacked Alvin {the king} Martin we used to be a joy to watch in them days and look at us now.

Sack Tilson.

I felt that the club's biggest ever mistake was dispensing with the services of that excellent chap d**k Bate. His attack-minded ideas, such as playing wing backs with only 2 central defenders, were so far ahead of their time that they still haven't come into fashion anywhere else.

He also taught the players lots of useful things, such as how to concede 14 goals in 2 games and the names of all the trees in Hockley Woods. It came as a great disappointment to me when he was sacked, especially as we then reverted to playing boring old-fashioned football and won our next game 1-0.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (stid @ April 22 2004,16:11)]I felt that the club's biggest ever mistake was dispensing with the services of that excellent chap d**k Bate.
f**king hell, I can't believe that even d**k gets censored these days. What a load of ******* ****!
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (stid @ April 22 2004,16:11)]His attack-minded ideas, such as playing wing backs with only 2 central defenders, were so far ahead of their time that they still haven't come into fashion anywhere else.
I beg to differ my friend.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Reginald Harvey was today suspended from the Royal Tunbridge Wells subbuteo league for alledgedly employing tactics that the judges ruled must surely be illegal.
Reginald moaned, " I rue the day I came across a fag packet with some scribblings that were singed by d**k Bate."
However the Judges declared that It wasn't Mr Harveys peculiar techniques that was his downfall but his yelling to the assembled crowd when 7-0 down that the game should be played with a " Mass D. Bate session".
Women and children were said to have left the church hall, distressed as a result.

Tilson should resign. The disloyal **** never did anything for this club and it's a disgrace that he led us out at Cardiff and not Ronnie Whelan. At least our Ronnie contributed to the local economy by encouraging his players to make use of local amenities, like Churchills and Ali Babas.

You can't disagree with that - Ronnie was blue to the bone.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ April 22 2004,16:31)]Have you all checked your gas appliances to make sure that they're not leaking Carbon Monoxide...

You lot are weird...

tounge.gif

Matt
Its not their ovens thats doing it, it's the pollution coming from Canvey. It causes brain damage after years of exposure. I'm glad I got out of Essex with a quarter of my brain still functioning.
You just have to read Mad Cyril and the Artful Shrimper's posts to know they're not right!  
tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ April 22 2004,16:31)]Have you all checked your gas appliances to make sure that they're not leaking Carbon Monoxide...

You lot are weird...

tounge.gif

Matt
Gas? Half-way up a Welsh mountain? I think not my friend, it's a miracle that we've got electricity and telephones here. And as far as I know you can't get carbon-monoxide poisoning from electricity.

Perhaps it's all the sheep farting that's getting me stoned?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The Artful Shrimper @ April 22 2004,16:22)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Reginald moaned, " I rue the day I came across a fag packet with some scribblings that were singed by d**k Bate."
singed? What, you mean he forget to take the fags out of the packet before lighting them?
biggrin.gif

Actually that would be spot on for a man who forget to include defenders in the starting line-up and thought that Derek Hall was a full-back.

No one has yet blamed David Webb for all of our current troubles. If it wasn't for him we'd still be a 2nd/3rd division yo-yo team rather than an ex first division sh*t's hit the fan outfit.

If Pat Scully hadn't been sent off at Bury we'd probably have lost with 11 men (though I'd still have written my car off on the way up there
sad.gif
). We'd have then lost to the East and West London scumbags and stayed in the second division.

David Webb startest the greatest downfall in our history - unforgivable.

If only we could bring back Bobby Moore, now there WAS a class manager.

Back