• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

dan_mays

Coach
This Saturday against Bristol Rovers I think there needs to be a change and we need players in the side who want to be there and will fight for a place.
Still for whatever reason PS does not rate Paterson but he should be given a go upfront with Benyon he is an aerial threat and is young and hungry. If that doesn't happen bring Flood into the side to partner Benyon who is going to want to prove he deserves a contract at the end of the season so bring him in!!!!

I would also drop Barker so out of form it is untrue

I hope on Saturday the team is,

GK - BELFORD
RB - CLOHESSY
CB - PHILLIPS
CB - PROSSER
LB - HILLS
RM - HALL
CM - GRANT
CM - TIMLIN
LM - MARTIN
CF - BENYON
CF - FLOOD / PATERSON (FAILING THAT BILEL BACK PLEASE

Flood isn't in the cold, he's developing. And I thought Barker had quite a decent game as it goes on Tuesday. Can't see Paterson getting any chance at all.

Paterson just isn't good enough for League 2 - Luggy doesn't rate him and the only teams willing to take him on loan have been Stockport, Hamilton Academicals and Forest Green Rovers (Oxford and Gillingham had him on trial too and sent him back)

This presumably means that most other managers and scouts at our level and above don't rate him either.

Let's face it, he was just a terrible signing on high wages by Tilly.

As for Flood, I think we basically brought him in on an extended trial. Don't expect to see much of him this season, but if Luggy is impressed by the raw talent and work-rate (and the wages are right) I guess there's a chance he'll sign for us in the summer.

Personally I feel there are goals in our attack, Benyon has shown that if the ball is played to his feet in the box he has the ability to create chances, its the supply which is the problem.

IMHO our centre midfield need to be putting better quality final balls when they are in the oppositions half, either deep into the channels, behind the full backs, so that the ball can be pulled back from the bye-line or into space in the box so that the forwards can spin off their markers.
It does require the midfield to get a bit further forward though

The diamond formation on Tuesday went a bit of the way to address that, but the players did not seem to completely know what to do and the Full backs will need to push on further, which is not something I expect to see away from home.

Away from home its just going to be down to the , probably one, wide man getting down the line with one of the forwards pulling wide for the width on the other side. If one of the Midfielders is alert enough to charge into the box then they could get a chance.

To me its all about pace Get to the byeline quick and ping it in low rather than ambling down the touchline and lobbing some cross in once the centreback have got them selves nicely placed

Everyone raves about Benyon after his two good finishes! And the possibility of Harris getting more goals! And now they havent scored in one game we are in desperate need for anyone! Do me a favour!

Give them a chance!

As it goes I would be happy with an experienced goal scorer, who wouldn't be?

Paterson? Do me a favour! His record for Hamiltion Accies hardly moved mountains. From what I can see, he played one game for Forest Green and got sent off 12 minutes after coming on as sub and hasn't played since January. What use could he honestly be to us?!?!?

Its the players behind the strikers that need improving. A centre mid who can play a forward pass would be a good start.

Flood isn't in the cold, he's developing. And I thought Barker had quite a decent game as it goes on Tuesday. Can't see Paterson getting any chance at all.

He's been here months. Just how much developing does a player have to do before he can get a place in a squad bereft of goalscorers? If he isn't a better option than Blair Sturrock as a striker, he may as well leave now.

Paterson is not the answer, a very average player and would be completely anonymous due to our style of play, massive NO! Bilel is not a striker, but would still do a better job than what we have

Back