• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Bringing on spencer and paterson

yogi bear up the cagire

Life President⭐
Rather than wallowing about in the misery brought about by yesterday's performance, I thought it may be more interesting to discuss the development of the two new young strikers we now have on board.
In Tilly's, Wycombe, pre-match preview on 'Player' there was a moment of near total contradiction when discussing Spencer. In talking about his early, goal scoring exploits, Tilly replied........"but people can't get carried away, he's, for me, he's one for..................(In my mind he stopped himself from saying 'one for the future')...........and then went on to say, "he's got to prove himself this year and then we'll look at extending the contract next year but he's not going to be the one that you can say is going to replace Lee Barnard." I suppose that this really highlights the dilemma in which Tilly finds himself. In Spencer and Paterson he has two young and generally inexperienced players who need nurturing and developing, whilst what we urgently need is someone who can go some way to filling the huge hole that Barney's departure has left.
Apart from these two youngsters we have Freedman and Walker (assuming we don't use Laurent in a central role), who many on here would prefer not to see on the pitch. So, the question is, how do we bring on these two youngsters, without overburdening them with responsibility and expectation?......Is that something that is even going to be possible to do?
Is the answer to be found in a so far un-named loan player, who, hopefully, will enter in the next week? If this is so, does it call for someone with goalscoring experience and exclude yet another young but talented player, perhaps from the Premier League. If no one comes in I fear that we may well have a VERY big problem..........that I'm not sure even Tilly knows how to handle.

Back